The evolving role and definition of the federal funds rate in the conduct of U.S. monetary policy
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Leonall C. Andersen & Denis S. Karnosky, 1977. "Some considerations in the use of monetary aggregates for the implementation of monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 2-7.
- Brooks, Chris & Hinich, Melvin J., 1999. "Cross-correlations and cross-bicorrelations in Sterling exchange rates," Journal of Empirical Finance, Elsevier, vol. 6(4), pages 385-404, October.
- Gunnar Bardsen & Eilev S. Jansen & Ragnar Nymoen, 2003. "Econometric inflation targeting," Econometrics Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 6(2), pages 430-461, December.
- Mccallum, Bennet T., 1988. "Robustness properties of a rule for monetary policy," Carnegie-Rochester Conference Series on Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 173-203, January.
- Boschen, John F & Talbot, Kathleen E, 1991. "Monetary Base Growth, Deposit Growth, and Inflation in the Postwar United States," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 313-337, July.
- Brock, William A. & Sayers, Chera L., 1988. "Is the business cycle characterized by deterministic chaos?," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 71-90, July.
- Neftci, Salih N, 1984. "Are Economic Time Series Asymmetric over the Business Cycle?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(2), pages 307-328, April.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- There is nothing â€œunconventionalâ€ about money base control
by Lars Christensen in The Market Monetarist on 2013-11-30 15:06:27
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
Keywordsfederal funds rate; monetary policy; causality tests; reserves;
- E43 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Money and Interest Rates - - - Interest Rates: Determination, Term Structure, and Effects
- E58 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Central Banks and Their Policies
- E52 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit - - - Monetary Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-12-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-12-11 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-12-11 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-12-11 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18970. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .