Selecting an intermediate target variable for monetary policy when the goal is price stability
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Belongia, Michael T & Chalfant, James A, 1989.
"The Changing Empirical Definition of Money: Some Estimates from a Model of the Demand for Money Substitutes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 387-397, April.
- Michael T. Belongia & James A. Chalfant, 1986. "The changing empirical definition of money: some estimates from a model of the demand for money substitutes," Working Papers 1986-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "The multiplier approach to the money supply process: a precautionary note," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 47-64.
- Lucas, Robert E, Jr, 1980. "Two Illustrations of the Quantity Theory of Money," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(5), pages 1005-1014, December.
- Leonall C. Andersen & Denis S. Karnosky, 1977. "Some considerations in the use of monetary aggregates for the implementation of monetary policy," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Sep, pages 2-7.
- Laidler, David, 1991. "The Quantity Theory Is Always and Everywhere Controversial--Why?," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 67(199), pages 289-306, December.
- William A. Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, 2011.
"The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Aggregation And Index Number Theory, chapter 2, pages 53-84
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Barnett, William A. & Hinich, Melvin J. & Yue, Piyu, 2000. "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 197-221, June.
- William A. Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, "undated". "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," Macroeconomics 0003004, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, 2012. "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201229, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Ben S. Bernanke, 1990.
"On the predictive power of interest rates and interest rate spreads,"
New England Economic Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Nov, pages 51-68.
- Ben Bernanke, 1990. "On the Predictive Power of Interest Rates and Interest Rate Spreads," NBER Working Papers 3486, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Boschen, John F & Talbot, Kathleen E, 1991. "Monetary Base Growth, Deposit Growth, and Inflation in the Postwar United States," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 64(3), pages 313-337, July.
- Davidson, Russell & MacKinnon, James G, 1981.
"Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses,"
Econometric Society, vol. 49(3), pages 781-793, May.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 1980. "Several Tests for Model Specification in the Presence of Alternative Hypotheses," Working Papers 378, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Hallman, Jeffrey J & Porter, Richard D & Small, David H, 1991. "Is the Price Level Tied to the M2 Monetary Aggregate in the Long Run?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(4), pages 841-858, September.
- W. Lee Hoskins, 1991. "Defending zero inflation: all for naught," Economic Commentary, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, issue Apr.
- Hafer, R W & Jansen, Dennis W, 1991.
"The Demand for Money in the United States: Evidence from Cointegration Tests,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 23(2), pages 155-168, May.
- Hafer, R.W. & Jansen, D.W., 1990. "The Demand For Money In The United States: Evidence From Cointegration Tests," Papers 9010, Erasmus University of Rotterdam - Institute for Economic Research.
- W. Lee Hoskins, 1991. "Defending zero inflation: all for naught," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Spr, pages 16-20.
- Friedman, Benjamin M & Kuttner, Kenneth N, 1992. "Money, Income, Prices, and Interest Rates," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 82(3), pages 472-492, June.
- Barnett, William A., 1978. "The user cost of money," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 1(2), pages 145-149.
- Gerald P. Dwyer & R. W. Hafer, 1988. "Is money irrelevant?," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue May, pages 3-17.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- There is nothing â€œunconventionalâ€ about money base control
by Lars Christensen in The Market Monetarist on 2013-11-30 15:06:27
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tang, Maggie May-Jean & Puah, Chin-Hong & Awang Marikan, Dayang-Affizzah, 2013. "Empirical Evidence on the Long-Run Neutrality Hypothesis Using Divisia Money," MPRA Paper 50020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thornton, Saranna Robinson, 2000. "How do broader monetary aggregates and divisia measures of money perform in McCallum's adaptive monetary rule?," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 52(1-2), pages 181-204.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlwp:1992-008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .