The multiplier approach to the money supply process: a precautionary note
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- R. W. Hafer & Scott E. Hein & Clemens J. M. Kool, 1983. "Forecasting the money multiplier: implications for money stock control and economic activity," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 22-33.
- Belongia, Michael T & Chalfant, James A, 1989.
"The Changing Empirical Definition of Money: Some Estimates from a Model of the Demand for Money Substitutes,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(2), pages 387-397, April.
- Michael T. Belongia & James A. Chalfant, 1986. "The changing empirical definition of money: some estimates from a model of the demand for money substitutes," Working Papers 1986-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Philip Cagan, 1958.
"The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply, pages 1-37
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Philip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to Total Money Supply," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number caga58-1.
- Daniel L. Thornton, 1982. "Simple analytics of the money supply process and monetary control," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Oct, pages 22-39.
- Johannes, James M. & Rasche, Robert H., 1979. "Predicting the money multiplier," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 5(3), pages 301-325, July.
- Anatol Balbach, 1981. "How controllable is money growth," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 3-12.
- Charles I. Plosser, 1989.
"Money and business cycles: a real business cycle interpretation,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Plosser, C.I., 1989. "Money And Business Cycles A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," RCER Working Papers 210, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Charles I. Plosser, 1990. "Money and Business Cycles: A Real Business Cycle Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 3221, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Dotsey, Michael, 1988. "The Demand for Currency in the United States," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 20(1), pages 22-40, February.
- Phillip Cagan, 1958. "The Demand for Currency Relative to the Total Money Supply," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 66, pages 303-303.
- Karl Brunner & Allan H. Meltzer, 1964. "Some Further Investigations Of Demand And Supply Functions For Money," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 19(2), pages 240-283, May.
- Hess, Alan C, 1971. "An Explanation of Short-Run Fluctuations in the Ratio of Currency to Demand Deposits," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 3(3), pages 666-679, August.
- John A. Tatom, 1980. "Issues in measuring an adjusted monetary base," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Dec, pages 11-29.
- Kenneth C. Carraro & Daniel L. Thornton, 1986. "The cost of checkable deposits in the United States," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Apr, pages 19-27.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Prakash Kumar Shrestha Ph.D., 2013. "An Empirical Analysis of Money Supply Process in Nepal," NRB Economic Review, Nepal Rastra Bank, Research Department, vol. 25(2), pages 17-42, October.
- R.W. Hafer & Joseph H. Haslag & Scott E. Hein, 1994. "Monetary policy and recent business-cycle experience," Economic and Financial Policy Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Q III, pages 14-28.
- Gabriel Di Bella & David Hauner, 2005. "How Useful is Monetary Econometrics in Low-Income Countries? T+L3104he Case of Money Demand and the Multipliers in Rwanda," IMF Working Papers 05/178, International Monetary Fund.
- Gauger, Jean, 1998. "Economic Impacts on the Money Supply Process," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 553-577, July.
- Jafar HAGHIGHAT, 2011. "How Much Control Dose Central Bank of Iran over Money Supply?," Journal of Knowledge Management, Economics and Information Technology, ScientificPapers.org, vol. 1(7), pages 1-29, December.
- Michael T. Belongia, 1992. "Selecting an intermediate target variable for monetary policy when the goal is price stability," Working Papers 1992-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Gulbin Sahinbeyoglu, 1996. "The Stability of Money Multiplier : A Test for Cointregration," Discussion Papers 9603, Research and Monetary Policy Department, Central Bank of the Republic of Turkey.
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:1991:i:jul:p:47-64. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.