The Changing Empirical Definition of Money: Some Estimates from a Model of the Demand for Money Substitutes
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Michael T. Belongia & James A. Chalfant, 1986. "The changing empirical definition of money: some estimates from a model of the demand for money substitutes," Working Papers 1986-006, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- William A. Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, 2011.
"The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate,"
World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Financial Aggregation And Index Number Theory, chapter 2, pages 53-84
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
- Barnett, William A. & Hinich, Melvin J. & Yue, Piyu, 2000. "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," Macroeconomic Dynamics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 4(02), pages 197-221, June.
- William A. Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, "undated". "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," Macroeconomics 0003004, EconWPA.
- William Barnett & Melvin J. Hinich & Piyu Yue, 2012. "The Exact Theoretical Rational Expectations Monetary Aggregate," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201229, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Xian HUANG & Shilong XIA, 2015. "Currency - Equivalent Vs . Divisia Monetary Aggregates: Theoretical Evaluation And Empirical Evidence From The United States And China," Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 60-80, September.
- William A. Barnett & Milka Kirova & Meenakshi Pasupathy, 1996.
"Technology Modeling: Curvature is not Sufficient for Regularity,"
9602002, EconWPA, revised 24 Jun 1999.
- William Barnett & Milka Kirova & Meenakshi Pasupathy, 2012. "Technology Modeling: Curvature is not Sufficient for Regularity," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201214, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Kesavan, Thulasiram, 1988. "Monte Carlo experiments of market demand theory," ISU General Staff Papers 198801010800009854, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A., 1991. "Can We Take The Con Out Of Meat Demand Studies?," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 16(01), July.
- Michael T. Belongia, 1992. "Selecting an intermediate target variable for monetary policy when the goal is price stability," Working Papers 1992-008, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- William A. Barnett & Yi Liu, 1996.
"Beyond the Risk Neutral Utility Function,"
- William Barnett & Yi Liu, 2012. "Beyond the Risk Neutral Utility Function," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 201216, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2012.
- Jones, Barry E. & Dutkowsky, Donald H. & Elger, Thomas, 2005. "Sweep programs and optimal monetary aggregation," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 483-508, February.
- Michelle R. Garfinkel & Daniel L. Thornton, 1991. "The multiplier approach to the money supply process: a precautionary note," Review, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Jul, pages 47-64.
- Binner, Jane M. & Bissoondeeal, Rakesh K. & Elger, C. Thomas & Jones, Barry E. & Mullineux, Andrew W., 2009. "Admissible monetary aggregates for the euro area," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 99-114, February.
- Robert H. Rasche, 1993.
"Monetary aggregates, monetary policy and economic activity,"
Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis, issue Mar, pages 1-35.
- Rasche, R.H., 1992. "Monetary Aggregates, Monetary Policy and Economic Activity," Papers 9101, Michigan State - Econometrics and Economic Theory.
- William Barnett & Barry E. Jones & Milka Kirova & Travis D. Nesmith & Meenakshi Pasupathy1, 2004. "The Nonlinear Skeletons in the Closet," WORKING PAPERS SERIES IN THEORETICAL AND APPLIED ECONOMICS 200403, University of Kansas, Department of Economics, revised May 2004.
- Fleissig, Adrian R. & Whitney, Gerald A., 2008. "A nonparametric test of weak separability and consumer preferences," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 275-281, December.
- Spencer, Peter, 1997. "Monetary integration and currency substitution in the EMS: The case for a European monetary aggregate," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(7), pages 1403-1419, July.
- Alston, Julian M. & Carter, Colin A. & Green, Richard & Pick, Daniel, 1988. "Armington Restrictions And Agricultural Import Demand Models," Working Papers 225822, University of California, Davis, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics.
- repec:bla:manchs:v:85:y:2017:i::p:104-120 is not listed on IDEAS
- Alston, Julian M. & Chalfant, James A., 1992. "Consumer Demand Analysis According To Garp," Northeastern Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Northeastern Agricultural and Resource Economics Association, vol. 21(2), October.
- Drake, Leigh & Fleissig, Adrian R., 2010. "Substitution between monetary assets and consumer goods: New evidence on the monetary transmission mechanism," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(11), pages 2811-2821, November.
- Scharnagl, Michael, 1996. "Geldmengenaggregate unter Berücksichtigung struktureller Veränderungen an den Finanzmärkten," Discussion Paper Series 1: Economic Studies 1996,02, Deutsche Bundesbank.
- Serletis, Apostolos & Rangel-Ruiz, Ricardo, 2005. "Microeconometrics and measurement matters: Some results from monetary economics for Canada," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 27(2), pages 307-330, June.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:jpolec:v:97:y:1989:i:2:p:387-97. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/JPE/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.