The Determinants of Participation in Adult Education and Training in Canada
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hashimoto, Masanori, 1981. "Firm-Specific Human Capital as a Shared Investment," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(3), pages 475-482, June.
- Günther Schmid & Jacqueline O’Reilly & Klaus Schömann (ed.), 1996. "International Handbook of Labour Market Policy and Evaluation," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 955.
- Greenhalgh, Christine & Stewart, Mark, 1987.
"The Effects and Determinants of Training,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 49(2), pages 171-190, May.
- Greenhalgh, Christine & Stewart, Mark, 1982. "The effects and Determinants of Training," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 213, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Wayne Simpson, 1984. "An Econometric Analysis of Industrial Training in Canada," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(4), pages 435-451.
- John M. Barron & Dan A. Black & Mark A. Loewenstein, 1993. "Gender Differences in Training, Capital, and Wages," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 28(2), pages 343-364.
- Jacob Mincer, 1988. "Job Training, Wage Growth, and Labor Turnover," NBER Working Papers 2690, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James, 2013. "Sample selection bias as a specification error," Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- James J. Heckman & Jeffrey A. Smith, 1999. "The Pre-Program Earnings Dip and the Determinants of Participation in a Social Program: Implications for Simple Program Evaluation Strategies," NBER Working Papers 6983, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Barron, John M & Black, Dan A & Loewenstein, Mark A, 1987. "Employer Size: The Implications for Search, Training, Capital Investment, Starting Wages, and Wage Growth," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 5(1), pages 76-89, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kuan Xu & Zhengxi Lin, 2007. "Participation in Employer-sponsored Training in Canada: Role of Firm Characteristics and Worker Attributes," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive paperb1_7_ic_workingpaper, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Wen Ci & Jose Galdo & Marcel Voia & Christopher Worswick, 2015.
"Wage returns to mid-career investments in job training through employer supported course enrollment: evidence for Canada,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 4(1), pages 1-25, December.
- Ci, Wen & Galdo, Jose C. & Voia, Marcel & Worswick, Christopher, 2015. "Wage Returns to Mid-Career Investments in Job Training through Employer-Supported Course Enrollment: Evidence for Canada," IZA Discussion Papers 9007, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsAdult Education; Training; Canada.;
- I28 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Government Policy
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17998. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .