Eliciting environmental preferences of Ghanaians in the laboratory: An incentive-compatible experiment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John Hey & Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2009.
"Noise and bias in eliciting preferences,"
Journal of Risk and Uncertainty,
Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 213-235, December.
- Hey, John Denis & Morone, Andrea & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2007. "Noise and bias in eliciting preferences," Kiel Working Papers 1386, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- John D Hey & Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2007. "Noise and Bias in Eliciting Preferences," Discussion Papers 07/04, Department of Economics, University of York.
- David Bullock & E. Rutström, 2007. "Policy making and rent-dissipation: An experimental test," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(1), pages 21-36, March.
- Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2008.
"An Experimental Investigation of Alternatives to Expected Utility Using Pricing Data,"
AccessEcon, vol. 4(20), pages 1-12.
- Morone, Andrea & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2003. "An Experimental Investigation of Alternatives to Expected Utility Using Pricing Data," Hannover Economic Papers (HEP) dp-280, Leibniz Universität Hannover, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Andrea Morone & Ulrich Schmidt, 2005. "An Experimental Investigation of Alternatives to Expected Utility Using Pricing Data," Papers on Strategic Interaction 2005-28, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Strategic Interaction Group.
- Morone, Andrea & Schmidt, Ulrich, 2006. "An Experimental Investigation of Alternatives to Expected Utility Using Pricing Data," Economics Working Papers 2006-08, Christian-Albrechts-University of Kiel, Department of Economics.
- Hey, John D & Orme, Chris, 1994. "Investigating Generalizations of Expected Utility Theory Using Experimental Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 62(6), pages 1291-1326, November.
- Susmita Dasgupta & Benoit Laplante & Hua Wang & David Wheeler, 2002. "Confronting the Environmental Kuznets Curve," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 16(1), pages 147-168, Winter.
- Boccaletti, Stefano & Nardella, Michele, 2000. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Pesticide-Free Fresh Fruit And Vegetables In Italy," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-14.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813235816_0021 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ara, Shihomi, 2003. "Consumer Willingness To Pay For Multiple Attributes Of Organic Rice: A Case Study In The Philippines," 2003 Annual Meeting, August 16-22, 2003, Durban, South Africa 25911, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Panayotou T., 1993. "Empirical tests and policy analysis of environmental degradation at different stages of economic development," ILO Working Papers 992927783402676, International Labour Organization.
- Dale Whittington, 2002.
"Improving the Performance of Contingent Valuation Studies in Developing Countries,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 22(1), pages 323-367, June.
- Dale Whittington, 2007. "Improving the Performance of Contingent Valuation Studies in Developing Countries," EEPSEA Special and Technical Paper sp200709s1, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Sep 2007.
- Theodore Turocy & Elizabeth Watson & Raymond Battalio, 2007. "Framing the first-price auction," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(1), pages 37-51, March.
- Gil, Jose Maria & Gracia, Azucena & Sanchez Garcia, Mercedes, 2000. "Market Segmentation And Willingness To Pay For Organic Products In Spain," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 2), pages 1-20.
- Cranfield, John A.L. & Magnusson, Erik, 2003. "Canadian Consumer's Willingness-To-Pay For Pesticide Free Food Products: An Ordered Probit Analysis," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 4), pages 1-18.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:292778 is not listed on IDEAS
- Peter A. Diamond & Jerry A. Hausman, 1994. "Contingent Valuation: Is Some Number Better than No Number?," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 8(4), pages 45-64, Fall.
- repec:wsi:wschap:9789813235816_0003 is not listed on IDEAS
- Martinez-Alier, J., 1995. "The environment as a luxury good or "too poor to be green"?," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
- Steven D. Levitt & John A. List, 2007.
"What Do Laboratory Experiments Measuring Social Preferences Reveal About the Real World?,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 21(2), pages 153-174, Spring.
- Steven Levitt & John List, 2007. "What do Laboratory Experiments Measuring Social Preferences Reveal About the Real World," Artefactual Field Experiments 00480, The Field Experiments Website.
- John D. Hey & Andrea Morone, 2018. "Do Markets Drive Out Lemmings—or Vice Versa?," World Scientific Book Chapters,in: Experiments in Economics Decision Making and Markets, chapter 21, pages 467-489 World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd..
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Morone, Andrea & Ozdemir, Ozlem, 2012.
"Black swan protection: an experimental investigation,"
38842, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ozlem Ozdemir & Andrea Morone, 2012. "Black Swan Protection: an Experimental Investigation," Working Papers 2012/12, Economics Department, Universitat Jaume I, Castellón (Spain).
More about this item
Keywordscontingent valuation; experiment; incentive-compatible; Ghana; organic products; willingness to pay;
- O10 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - General
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
- C91 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Individual Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-09-11 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2009-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-09-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-DCM-2009-09-11 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-ENV-2009-09-11 (Environmental Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2009-09-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-UPT-2009-09-11 (Utility Models & Prospect Theory)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:17107. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.