Understanding Grades and Standards: and how to apply them
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1999.
"Economic Implications of Using HACCP As a Food Safety Regulatory Standard (The),"
Staff General Research Papers Archive
1631, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Laurian J. Unnevehr & Helen H. Jensen, 1999. "Economic Implications of Using HACCP as a Food Safety Regulatory Standard, The," Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) Publications 99-wp228, Center for Agricultural and Rural Development (CARD) at Iowa State University.
- Stephenson, Sherry M., 1997. "Standards and conformity assessment as nontariff barriers to trade," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1826, The World Bank.
- Eileen O. van Ravenswaay & John P. Hoehn, 1996.
"The Theoretical Benefits of Food Safety Policies: A Total Economic Value Framework,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 78(5), pages 1291-1296.
- Ravenswaay, Eileen O. van & Hoehn, John P., 1996. "The Theoretical Benefits of Food Safety Policies: A Total Economic Value Framework," Staff Paper Series 201210, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- David A. Hennessy, 1995.
"Microeconomics of Agricultural Grading: Impacts on the Marketing Channel,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 77(4), pages 980-989.
- Hennessy, David A., 1995. "Microeconomics of Agricultural Grading: Impacts on the Marketing Channel," Staff General Research Papers Archive 5033, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Hennessy, David A., 1998. "Microeconomics of Agricultural Grading: Impacts on the Marketing Channel," Staff General Research Papers Archive 1703, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Jones, Eluned & Hill, Lowell D., 1994. "Re-engineering Marketing Policies in Food and Agriculture: Issues and Alternatives for Grain Grading Policies," Re-Engineering Marketing Policies for Food and Agriculture - FAMC 1994 Conference 265981, Food and Agricultural Marketing Consortium (FAMC).
- Unnevehr, Laurian J. & Jensen, Helen H., 1999. "The economic implications of using HACCP as a food safety regulatory standard," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 24(6), pages 625-635, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Varangis, Panos & Siegel, Paul & Giovannucci, Daniele & Lewin, Bryan, 2003. "Dealing with the coffee crisis in Central America - impacts and strategies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2993, The World Bank.
- Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Gutman, Graciela E. & Lavarello, Pablo J. & Nunes, Rubens & Reardon, T., 2005. "Private and public milk standards in Argentina and Brazil," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 302-315, June.
- van Tilburg, Aad & Trienekens, Jacques H. & Ruben, Ruerd & van Boekel, Martinus A.J.S., 2007. "Governance for quality management in smallholder-based tropical food chains," 106th Seminar, October 25-27, 2007, Montpellier, France 7932, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Ponte, Stefano, 2005. "Standards as a new form of social contract? Sustainability initiatives in the coffee industry," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 284-301, June.
- Hatanaka, Maki & Bain, Carmen & Busch, Lawrence, 2005. "Third-party certification in the global agrifood system," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 354-369, June.
- Neetha, Rose C.D. & Kotrakerebasegowda, Umesh, 2012. "Expectations towards Geographical Indications-Empirical Evidence from India," 2012 Conference, August 18-24, 2012, Foz do Iguacu, Brazil 126324, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:366545 is not listed on IDEAS
- World Bank, 2002. "Colombia : Coffee Sector Study 2002," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14436, The World Bank.
- Jan Mei Soon & Richard N. Baines, 2013. "Public and Private Food Safety Standards: Facilitating or Frustrating Fresh Produce Growers?," Laws, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 1-19, January.
- Trienekens, Jacques & Zuurbier, Peter, 2008. "Quality and safety standards in the food industry, developments and challenges," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 113(1), pages 107-122, May.
- Trienekens, Jacques H. & Willems, Sabine, 2007. "Innovation and Governance in International Food Supply Chains: The Cases of Ghanaian Pineapples and South African Grapes," International Food and Agribusiness Management Review, International Food and Agribusiness Management Association, vol. 0(Issue 3), pages 1-22.
- Giovannucci, Daniele & Koekoek, Freek Jan, 2003. "The State of Sustainable Coffee: A Study of Twelve Major Markets," MPRA Paper 17172, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mainville, Denise Y. & Zylbersztajn, Decio & Farina, Elizabeth M.M.Q. & Reardon, Thomas, 2005. "Determinants of retailers' decisions to use public or private grades and standards: Evidence from the fresh produce market of Sao Paulo, Brazil," Food Policy, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 334-353, June.
More about this item
Keywordsfood quality; food safety; public; private; volontary; international trade; poverty issues; barriers to entry; price incentives; market strategies; WTO; Codex;
- L1 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:13549. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.