Engel Curves and Equivalence Scales for Bangladesh
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Richard Blundell & Xiaohong Chen & Dennis Kristensen, 2003. "Nonparametric IV estimation of shape-invariant Engel curves," CeMMAP working papers CWP15/03, Centre for Microdata Methods and Practice, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Arthur Lewbel, 2010. "Shape-Invariant Demand Functions," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 92(3), pages 549-556, August.
- Naik, Narayan Y & Moore, Michael J, 1996. "Habit Formation and Intertemporal Substitution in Individual Food Consumption," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 78(2), pages 321-328, May.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan, 1998. "Kernel Regression in Empirical Microeconomics," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 33(1), pages 62-87.
- Richard Blundell & Alan Duncan & Krishna Pendakur, 1998. "Semiparametric estimation and consumer demand," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(5), pages 435-461.
- Joachim Engel & Alois Kneip, 1996. "Recent approaches to estimating Engel curves," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 187-212, June.
- Vincenzo Verardi & Nicolas Debarsy, 2012.
"Robinson's square root of N consistent semiparametric regression estimator in Stata,"
StataCorp LP, vol. 12(4), pages 726-735, December.
- Vincenzo Verardi & Nicolas Debarsy, 2011. "Robinson's Squareroot-of-n-consistent Semiparametric Regression Estimator in Stata," Working Papers 1110, University of Namur, Department of Economics.
- Jeffrey M Wooldridge, 2010.
"Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data,"
MIT Press Books,
The MIT Press,
edition 2, volume 1, number 0262232588, January.
- Jeffrey M. Wooldridge, 2001. "Econometric Analysis of Cross Section and Panel Data," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232197, January.
- Robinson, Peter M, 1988. "Root- N-Consistent Semiparametric Regression," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 56(4), pages 931-954, July.
- Robert V. Breunig & Rebecca J. McKibbin, 2012. "Income Pooling between Australian Young Adults and Their Parents," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 26(2), pages 235-265, June.
- Yatchew, Adonis & Sun, Yiguo & Deri, Catherine, 2003. "Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Equivalence Scales with Evidence from South Africa," Journal of Business & Economic Statistics, American Statistical Association, vol. 21(2), pages 247-257, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2013. "The impact of a large rice price increase on welfare and poverty in Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2013-11, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
More about this item
KeywordsEngel Curve; Semi-parametric Estimation; Semi-nonparametric Estimation; Partial Linear Model; Equivalence Scale; Base Independence; Shape Invariance;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- O21 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Development Planning and Policy - - - Planning Models; Planning Policy
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pas:asarcc:2012-15. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raghbendra Jha). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/asanuau.html .