Efficient Estimation of Semiparametric Equivalence Scales with Evidence from South Africa
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Steven F. Koch & Gauthier Tshiswaka-Kashalala, 2008. "Tobacco Substitution and the Poor," Working Papers 200832, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Dimitri Dimitropoulos and Adonis Yatchew, 2017. "Is Productivity Growth in Electricity Distribution Negative? An Empirical Analysis Using Ontario Data," The Energy Journal, International Association for Energy Economics, vol. 0(Number 2).
- Yiguo Sun & Thanasis Stengos & Dianqin Wang, 2006. "Estimates of semiparametric equivalence scales," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(5), pages 629-639.
- Hall, Peter & Yatchew, Adonis, 2005. "Unified approach to testing functional hypotheses in semiparametric contexts," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 127(2), pages 225-252, August.
- Aline Bütikofer, 2012. "Semiparametric Base-Independent Equivalence Scales and the Cost of Children in Switzerland," Swiss Journal of Economics and Statistics (SJES), Swiss Society of Economics and Statistics (SSES), vol. 148(I), pages 1-35, March.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:4:y:2007:i:21:p:1-11 is not listed on IDEAS
- Seebens, Holger, 2009. "Child Welfare and Old-Age Security in Female Headed Households in Tanzania," IZA Discussion Papers 3929, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Qi Li & Jeffrey Scott Racine, 2006. "Nonparametric Econometrics: Theory and Practice," Economics Books, Princeton University Press, edition 1, number 8355, December.
- Timothy Beatty, 2009. "Semiparametric quantile Engel curves and expenditure elasticities: a penalized quantile regression spline approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(12), pages 1533-1542.
- Steven F. Koch & Adel Bosch, 2009. "Inflation and the Household: Towards a Measurement of the Welfare Costs of Inflation," Working Papers 200917, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Thanasis Stengos & Dianqin Wang, 2007. "Testing for Shape Invariance of Semiparametric Equivalence Scales," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 4(21), pages 1-11.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2016.
"Engel curves and equivalence scales for Bangladesh,"
Journal of the Asia Pacific Economy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 21(2), pages 301-315, April.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2012. "Engel Curves and Equivalence Scales for Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2012-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Alex Sienaert, 2008. "Some Child Cost Estimates for South Africa," Economics Series Working Papers WPS/2008-15, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bes:jnlbes:v:21:y:2003:i:2:p:247-57. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www.amstat.org/publications/jbes/index.cfm?fuseaction=main .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.