Recent approaches to estimating Engel curves
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stoker, Thomas M, 1993. "Empirical Approaches to the Problem of Aggregation Over Individuals," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 31(4), pages 1827-1874, December.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1991. "The Rank of Demand Systems: Theory and Nonparametric Estimation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 59(3), pages 711-730, May.
- Howe, Howard & Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Theory and Time Series Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1231-1247, September.
- Deaton, Angus S & Muellbauer, John, 1980. "An Almost Ideal Demand System," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 70(3), pages 312-326, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2012.
"The distribution of household consumption-expenditure budget shares,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 69-91.
- Barigozzi, Matteo & Alessi, Lucia & Capasso, Marco & Fagiolo, Giorgio, 2009. "The distribution of households consumption-expenditure budget shares," Working Paper Series 1061, European Central Bank.
- Kaus, Wolfhard, 2013. "Beyond Engel's law - A cross-country analysis," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 47(C), pages 118-134.
- Chai Andreas & Moneta Alessio, 2014. "Escaping Satiation Dynamics: Some Evidence from British Household Data," Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik), De Gruyter, vol. 234(2-3), pages 299-327, April.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2010. "Retrospectives: Engel Curves," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 225-240, Winter.
- Hasan, Syed Abul & Mozumder, Pallab, 2017.
"Income and energy use in Bangladesh: A household level analysis,"
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 115-126.
- Syed Abul Hasan & Pallab Mozumder, 2017. "Income and energy use in Bangladesh: A household level analysis," Crawford School Research Papers 1701, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2014.
"More or better? Measuring quality versus quantity in food consumption,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 155-178, July.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009. "More or Better ? Measuring Quality versus Quantity in Food Consumption," LEM Papers Series 2009/17, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Corinna Manig & Alessio Moneta, 2009. "More Or Better? Measuring Quality Versus Quantity In Food Consumption," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2009-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Wolfhard Kaus, 2012. "Beyond Engel s Law - Pursuing an Engelian Approach to Welfare A Cross Country Analysis," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-028, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Matteo Barigozzi & Lucia Alessi & Marco Capasso & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2008.
"The Distribution of Consumption-Expenditure Budget Shares. Evidence from Italian Households,"
Papers on Economics and Evolution
2008-09, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Matteo Barigozzi & Lucia Alessi & Marco Capasso & Giorgio Fagiolo, 2008. "The Distribution of Consumption-Expenditure Budget Shares. Evidence from Italian Households," LEM Papers Series 2008/18, Laboratory of Economics and Management (LEM), Sant'Anna School of Advanced Studies, Pisa, Italy.
- Dai, J. & Sperlich, S., 2010. "Simple and effective boundary correction for kernel densities and regression with an application to the world income and Engel curve estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 54(11), pages 2487-2497, November.
- Syed Abul Hasan, 2012. "Engel Curves and Equivalence Scales for Bangladesh," ASARC Working Papers 2012-15, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Chakrabarty, Manisha & Hildenbrand, Werner, 2011. "Engel's Law Reconsidered," Journal of Mathematical Economics, Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 289-299.
- Manisha Chakrabarty & Werner Hildenbrand, 2009. "Engel’s Law Reconsidered," Bonn Econ Discussion Papers bgse22_2009, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2012.
"Back to Engel? Some evidence for the hierarchy of needs,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 649-676, September.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2011. "Back to Engel? Some evidence for the hierarchy of needs," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2011-13, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- repec:spr:soinre:v:133:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s11205-016-1409-z is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordscross-section Engel curves; nonparametric curve estimation; demand analysis; C14; C21; D12; D31;
- C14 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Semiparametric and Nonparametric Methods: General
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:jeczfn:v:63:y:1996:i:2:p:187-212. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.