Beyond Engel s Law - Pursuing an Engelian Approach to Welfare A Cross Country Analysis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst & Nikolai Roussanov, 2009. "Conspicuous Consumption and Race," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 124(2), pages 425-467.
- Andreas Chai, 2011.
"Consumer specialization and the Romantic transformation of the British Grand Tour of Europe,"
Journal of Bioeconomics,
Springer, vol. 13(3), pages 181-203, October.
- Andreas Chai, 2010. "Consumer specialization and the Romantic transformation of the British Grand Tour of Europe," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2010-08, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Witt, Ulrich, 2010.
"Symbolic consumption and the social construction of product characteristics,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier, vol. 21(1), pages 17-25, March.
- Ulrich Witt, 2008. "Symbolic Consumption and the Social Construction of Product Characteristics," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2008-15, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Bela Balassa, 1964. "The Purchasing-Power Parity Doctrine: A Reappraisal," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 72, pages 584-584.
- Scitovsky, Tibor, 1981. "The Desire for Excitement in Modern Society," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(1), pages 3-13.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Andreas Chai & Alessio Moneta, 2010. "Retrospectives: Engel Curves," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 24(1), pages 225-240, Winter.
- Joachim Engel & Alois Kneip, 1996. "Recent approaches to estimating Engel curves," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 187-212, June.
- James L. Seale & Anita Regmi, 2006. "Modeling International Consumption Patterns," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(4), pages 603-624, December.
- Musgrove, Philip, 1985. "Food Needs and Absolute Poverty in Urban South America," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 31(1), pages 63-83, March.
- Ulrich Witt, 2001. "special issue: Learning to consume - A theory of wants and the growth of demand," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 11(1), pages 23-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Leonhard K. Lades, 2012. "The impact of differential satiation dynamics on changing consumer behavior, wellbeing, and innovative activity," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2012-16, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Leonhard Lades, 2013. "Explaining shapes of Engel curves: the impact of differential satiation dynamics on consumer behavior," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 1023-1045, November.
More about this item
KeywordsEngel's law; income elasticity of demand; necessities; luxuries; differential satiation;
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-06-25 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2012-028. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.