Simple and effective boundary correction for kernel densities and regression with an application to the world income and Engel curve estimation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Hajo Holzmann & Sebastian Vollmer & Julian Weisbrod, 2007.
"Perspectives on the World Income Distribution - Beyond Twin Peaks Towards Welfare Conclusions,"
Ibero America Institute for Econ. Research (IAI) Discussion Papers
158, Ibero-America Institute for Economic Research.
- Weisbrod, Julian & Vollmer, Sebastian & Holzmann, Hajo, 2007. "Perspectives on the World Income Distribution: Beyond Twin Peaks Towards Welfare Conclusions," Proceedings of the German Development Economics Conference, Göttingen 2007 32, Verein für Socialpolitik, Research Committee Development Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Jaume Ventura, 2002. "The World Income Distribution," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(2), pages 659-694.
- Deaton,Angus & Muellbauer,John, 1980. "Economics and Consumer Behavior," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521296762, Enero.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 2006. "The World Distribution of Income: Falling Poverty and … Convergence, Period," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 121(2), pages 351-397.
- Joachim Engel & Alois Kneip, 1996. "Recent approaches to estimating Engel curves," Journal of Economics, Springer, vol. 63(2), pages 187-212, June.
- Hall, Peter, 1983. "On near neighbour estimates of a multivariate density," Journal of Multivariate Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 24-39, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Afonso, António & Arghyrou, Michael G. & Gadea, María Dolores & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2018.
"“Whatever it takes” to resolve the European sovereign debt crisis? Bond pricing regime switches and monetary policy effects,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 1-30.
- Afonso, António & Arghyrou, Michael G & Gadea, María Dolores & Kontonikas, Alexandros, 2017. ""Whatever it takes" to resolve the European sovereign debt crisis? Bond pricing regime switches and monetary policy effects," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2017/12, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- António Afonso & Michael G. Arghyrou & María Dolores Gadea & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2017. ""Whatever it takes" to resolve the European sovereign debt crisis? Bond pricing regime switches and monetary policy effects," Working Papers REM 2017/02, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, REM, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Erdogan, Burcu, 2012.
"Sovereign bond yield spreads: A time-varying coefficient approach,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 31(3), pages 639-656.
- Kerstin Bernoth & Burcu Erdogan, 2010. "Sovereign Bond Yield Spreads: A Time-Varying Coefficient Approach," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1078, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bernoth, Kerstin & Erdogan, Burcu, 2010. "Sovereign bond yield spreads: a time-varying coefficient approach," Discussion Papers 289, European University Viadrina Frankfurt (Oder), Department of Business Administration and Economics.
- Huber, Martin & Mellace, Giovanni, 2012. "Relaxing monotonicity in the identification of local average treatment effects," Economics Working Paper Series 1212, University of St. Gallen, School of Economics and Political Science.
- Michael G. Arghyrou & Maria Dolores Gadea, 2019.
"Private bank deposits and macro/fiscal risk in the euro-area,"
CESifo Working Paper Series
7532, CESifo Group Munich.
- Arghyrou, Michael G & Gadea, María Dolores, 2019. "Private bank deposits and macro/fiscal risk in the euro-area," Cardiff Economics Working Papers E2019/6, Cardiff University, Cardiff Business School, Economics Section.
- Arora, Siddharth & Taylor, James W., 2016. "Forecasting electricity smart meter data using conditional kernel density estimation," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 59(PA), pages 47-59.
- Charles Braymen & Eddery Lam, 2014. "Income Distribution and the Composition of Imports," The International Trade Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(2), pages 121-139, June.
- Rodrigues, G.S. & Nott, David J. & Sisson, S.A., 2016. "Functional regression approximate Bayesian computation for Gaussian process density estimation," Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 103(C), pages 229-241.
- Dimitris Politis, 2013. "Model-free model-fitting and predictive distributions," TEST: An Official Journal of the Spanish Society of Statistics and Operations Research, Springer;Sociedad de Estadística e Investigación Operativa, vol. 22(2), pages 183-221, June.
- António Afonso & Michael G. Arghyrou & María Dolores Gadea & Alexandros Kontonikas, 2017. ""Whatever it takes" to Resolve the European Sovereign Debt Crisis? Bond Pricing Regime Switches and Monetary Policy Effects," CESifo Working Paper Series 6691, CESifo Group Munich.
- Malec, Peter & Schienle, Melanie, 2014.
"Nonparametric kernel density estimation near the boundary,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis,
Elsevier, vol. 72(C), pages 57-76.
- Peter Malec & Melanie Schienle, 2012. "Nonparametric Kernel Density Estimation Near the Boundary," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2012-047, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Gery Geenens, 2014. "Probit Transformation for Kernel Density Estimation on the Unit Interval," Journal of the American Statistical Association, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 109(505), pages 346-358, March.
- Machado, José A.F. & Santos Silva, J.M.C. & Wei, Kehai, 2016. "Quantiles, corners, and the extensive margin of trade," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 89(C), pages 73-84.
More about this item
KeywordsBoundary correction Kernel density estimation Kernel regression Local bandwidth;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:csdana:v:54:y:2010:i:11:p:2487-2497. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/csda .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.