Aggregation and Other Biases in the Calculation of Consumer Elasticities for Models of Arbitrary Rank
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lewbel, Arthur, 1990. "Income distribution movements and aggregate money illusion," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1-2), pages 35-42.
- Blundell, Richard & Meghir, Costas & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993.
"Aggregation and consumer behaviour: some recent results,"
Elsevier, vol. 47(3), pages 235-252, September.
- Richard Blundell & Costas Meghir & Guglielmo Weber, 1993. "Aggregation and consumer behaviour: some recent results," IFS Working Papers W93/06, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Frank Denton & Dean Mountain, 2004.
"Aggregation effects on price and expenditure elasticities in a quadratic almost ideal demand system,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 37(3), pages 613-628, August.
- Frank T. Denton & Dean C. Mountain, 2002. "Aggregation Effects on Price and Expenditure Elasticities in a Quadratic Almost Ideal Demand System," Quantitative Studies in Economics and Population Research Reports 374, McMaster University.
- Howe, Howard & Pollak, Robert A & Wales, Terence J, 1979. "Theory and Time Series Estimation of the Quadratic Expenditure System," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 47(5), pages 1231-1247, September.
- Denton, Frank T. & Mountain, Dean C., 2001. "Income distribution and aggregation/disaggregation biases in the measurement of consumer demand elasticities," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 21-28, October.
- Slottje, Daniel, 2008. "Estimating demand systems and measuring consumer preferences," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 147(2), pages 207-209, December.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Arthur Lewbel, 1997. "Quadratic Engel Curves And Consumer Demand," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 79(4), pages 527-539, November.
- Blundell, Richard & Pashardes, Panos & Weber, Guglielmo, 1993. "What Do We Learn About Consumer Demand Patterns from Micro Data?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 83(3), pages 570-597, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Frank Denton & Dean Mountain, 2014. "The implications of mean scaling for the calculation of aggregate consumer elasticities," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 12(3), pages 297-314, September.
More about this item
KeywordsAggregate price and expenditure elasticities; aggregation bias; consumer demand; generalized measures of income inequality; income distribution;
- D11 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Theory
- C43 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Index Numbers and Aggregation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-01 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mcm:qseprr:447. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/demcmca.html .