What lies beneath the internationalization of firms in a regional innovation system?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Maskell, Peter & Malmberg, Anders, 1999. "Localised Learning and Industrial Competitiveness," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(2), pages 167-185, March.
- Sharon Loane & Jim Bell & Kenneth R. Deans, 2007. "Internet adoption by rapidly internationalising SMEs: a further challenge to staged e-adoption models," International Journal of Entrepreneurship and Small Business, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 4(3), pages 277-290.
- Lucia Piscitello & Francesca Sgobbi, 2004. "Globalisation, E-Business and SMEs: Evidence from the Italian District of Prato," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 333-347, June.
- Lars Coenen & Jerker Moodysson & Bjørn T. Asheim, 2004. "Nodes, networks and proximities: on the knowledge dynamics of the Medicon Valley biotech cluster," European Planning Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(7), pages 1003-1018, June.
- Todtling, Franz & Trippl, Michaela, 2005. "One size fits all?: Towards a differentiated regional innovation policy approach," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(8), pages 1203-1219, October.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Belussi, Fiorenza & Sammarra, Alessia & Sedita, Silvia Rita, 2010.
"Learning at the boundaries in an "Open Regional Innovation System": A focus on firms' innovation strategies in the Emilia Romagna life science industry,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(6), pages 710-721, July.
- fiorenza belussi & silvia rita sedita & alessia sammarra, 2010. "Learning At The Boundaries In An “Open Regional Innovation System”: A Focus On Firms’ Innovation Strategies In The Emilia Romagna Life Science Industry," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0113, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2012.
"Toward a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 41(6), pages 968-979.
- Coenen, Lars & Benneworth, Paul & Truffer, Bernhard, 2010. "Towards a spatial perspective on sustainability transitions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2010/8, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Reza Naghizadeh & Shaban Elahi & Manoochehr Manteghi & Sepehr Ghazinoory & Marina Ranga, 2015. "Through the magnifying glass: an analysis of regional innovation models based on co-word and meta-synthesis methods," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 49(6), pages 2481-2505, November.
- Markus Grillitsch & Josephine Rekers & Franz TÃ¶dtling, 2019. "When drivers of clusters shift scale from local towards global: What remains for regional innovation policy?," PEGIS geo-disc-2019_03, Institute for Economic Geography and GIScience, Department of Socioeconomics, Vienna University of Economics and Business.
- Tojeiro-Rivero, Damián & Moreno, Rosina, 2019. "Technological cooperation, R&D outsourcing, and innovation performance at the firm level: The role of the regional context," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 48(7), pages 1798-1808.
- Markus Grillitsch, 2014. "Regional Transformation: Institutional Change and Economic Evolution in Regions," ERSA conference papers ersa14p1481, European Regional Science Association.
- Marina Geenhuizen, 2007. "Modelling dynamics of knowledge networks and local connectedness: a case study of urban high-tech companies in The Netherlands," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 41(4), pages 813-833, December.
- Natário, Maria Manuela & Almeida Couto, João Pedro & Couto de Sousa, Maura Helena, 2012. "Innovation Processes of SMEs in Less Favoured Municipalities of Portugal," INVESTIGACIONES REGIONALES - Journal of REGIONAL RESEARCH, Asociación Española de Ciencia Regional, issue 22, pages 81-103.
- Der-Shiuan Lee, 2018. "Towards Urban Resilience through Inter-City Networks of Co-Invention: A Case Study of U.S. Cities," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 10(2), pages 1-23, January.
- Der-Shiuan Lee & Breandán Ó Huallacháin, 2012. "Spatial Network-based and Regional Proximity in US Biotechnology," Chapters, in: Marina van Geenhuizen & Peter Nijkamp (ed.), Creative Knowledge Cities, chapter 12, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Elvira Uyarra, 2010. "What is evolutionary about ‘regional systems of innovation’? Implications for regional policy," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 20(1), pages 115-137, January.
- Monica Plechero & Cristina Chaminade, 2016.
"The role of regional sectoral specialisation on the geography of innovation networks: a comparison between firms located in regions in developed and emerging economies,"
International Journal of Technological Learning, Innovation and Development, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 8(2), pages 148-171.
- Plechero, Monica & Chaminade , Cristina, 2015. "The role of regional sectoral specialization on the geography of innovation networks: a comparison between firms located in regions in developed and emerging economies," Papers in Innovation Studies 2015/29, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Franz Tödtling & Markus Grillitsch, 2014. "Types of Innovation, Competencies of Firms, and External Knowledge Sourcing—Findings from Selected Sectors and Regions of Europe," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 5(2), pages 330-356, June.
- Grillitsch, Markus & Trippl, Michaela, 2016. "Innovation Policies and New Regional Growth Paths: A place-based system failure framework," Papers in Innovation Studies 2016/26, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Grillitsch, Markus, 2014. "Institutional Change and Economic Evolution in Regions," Papers in Innovation Studies 2014/1, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation Research.
- Pierre-Alexandre Balland & Ron Boschma & Joan Crespo & David L. Rigby, 2017. "Smart Specialization policy in the EU: Relatedness, Knowledge Complexity and Regional Diversification," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1717, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2017.
- Günter Clar & Björn Sautter, 2014. "Research Driven Clusters at the Heart of (Trans-)Regional Learning and Priority-Setting Processes," Journal of the Knowledge Economy, Springer;Portland International Center for Management of Engineering and Technology (PICMET), vol. 5(1), pages 156-180, March.
- Ben Vermeulen & Andreas Pyka, 2018. "The Role of Network Topology and the Spatial Distribution and Structure of Knowledge in Regional Innovation Policy: A Calibrated Agent-Based Model Study," Computational Economics, Springer;Society for Computational Economics, vol. 52(3), pages 773-808, October.
- Scaringella, Laurent & Radziwon, Agnieszka, 2018. "Innovation, entrepreneurial, knowledge, and business ecosystems: Old wine in new bottles?," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 59-87.
- David Doloreux & Jose Gaviria de la Puerta & Iker Pastor-López & Igone Porto Gómez & Borja Sanz & Jon Mikel Zabala-Iturriagagoitia, 2019. "Territorial innovation models: to be or not to be, that’s the question," Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 120(3), pages 1163-1191, September.
More about this item
Keywordsindustrial districts; dynamic capabilities; ICT (information and communication technologies); internationalization; regional innovation systems.;
All these keywords.
- F23 - International Economics - - International Factor Movements and International Business - - - Multinational Firms; International Business
- M15 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - IT Management
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
- R58 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Regional Government Analysis - - - Regional Development Planning and Policy
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CSE-2011-05-07 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2011-05-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2011-05-07 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-GEO-2011-05-07 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-ICT-2011-05-07 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-INO-2011-05-07 (Innovation)
- NEP-KNM-2011-05-07 (Knowledge Management & Knowledge Economy)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pad:wpaper:0132. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Raffaele Dei Campielisi). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/dspadit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.