Campaign Contributions over CEOs’ Careers
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Meer, Jonathan & Rosen, Harvey S., 2011.
"The ABCs of charitable solicitation,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(5-6), pages 363-371, June.
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2008. "The ABCs of Charitable Solicitation," Working Papers 1057, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Center for Economic Policy Studies..
- Jonathan Meer & Harvey S. Rosen, 2009. "The ABCs of Charitable Solicitation," NBER Working Papers 15037, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Eric Guthey & Brad Jackson, 2005. "CEO Portraits and the Authenticity Paradox," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(5), pages 1057-1082, July.
- Silberman, Jonathan I & Durden, Garey C, 1976. "Determining Legislative Preferences on the Minimum Wage: An Economic Approach," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 84(2), pages 317-329, April.
- Oriana Bandiera & Iwan Barankay & Imran Rasul, 2010. "Social Incentives in the Workplace," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 77(2), pages 417-458.
- Milyo, Jeffrey & Primo, David & Groseclose, Timothy, 2000. "Corporate PAC Campaign Contributions in Perspective," Business and Politics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 2(01), pages 75-88, April.
- Joulfaian, David & Marlow, Michael L, 1991. "Incentives and Political Contributions," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 69(3), pages 351-355, March.
- Steven N. Kaplan & Bernadette Minton, 2006.
"How has CEO Turnover Changed? Increasingly Performance Sensitive Boards and Increasingly Uneasy CEOs,"
NBER Working Papers
12465, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kaplan, Steven N. & Minton, Bernadette A., 2006. "How Has CEO Turnover Changed? Increasingly Performance Sensitive Boards and Increasingly Uneasy CEOs," Working Paper Series 2006-7, Ohio State University, Charles A. Dice Center for Research in Financial Economics.
- Milyo Jeffrey & Primo David & Groseclose Timothy, 2000. "Corporate PAC Campaign Contributions in Perspective," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 2(1), pages 1-15, April.
- Chappell, Henry W, Jr, 1982. "Campaign Contributions and Congressional Voting: A Simultaneous Probit-Tobit Model," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 64(1), pages 77-83, February.
- Aggarwal Rajesh K. & Meschke Felix & Wang Tracy Yue, 2012. "Corporate Political Donations: Investment or Agency?," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(1), pages 1-40, April.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:89:y:1995:i:03:p:566-581_09 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ovtchinnikov, Alexei V. & Pantaleoni, Eva, 2012. "Individual political contributions and firm performance," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 105(2), pages 367-392.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Niebler, Sarah & Urban, Carly, 2017. "Does negative advertising affect giving behavior? Evidence from campaign contributions," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 146(C), pages 15-26.
More about this item
KeywordsCampaign Contributions; CEOs; Leaders; Personnel Economics; PACs;
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
- H89 - Public Economics - - Miscellaneous Issues - - - Other
- K00 - Law and Economics - - General - - - General (including Data Sources and Description)
- M59 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Personnel Economics - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2012-04-10 (Business Economics)
- NEP-POL-2012-04-10 (Positive Political Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ott:wpaper:1203e. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Diane Ritchot). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deottca.html .