Not a jobless recovery, just a slow one
We compare the current recovery in the New Zealand economy with the recoveries from the previous two recessions, focusing on the developments in the labour market. By way of comparison, we contrast the New Zealand situation with that of the United States, during its current and previous two recessions.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: P.O. Box 2498, Wellington|
Phone: 64 4 471-3767
Fax: 64 4 471-2270
Web page: http://www.rbnz.govt.nz
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael Reddell & Cath, Sleeman, 2008. "Some perspectives on past recessions," Reserve Bank of New Zealand Bulletin, Reserve Bank of New Zealand, vol. 71, June.
- Stacey L. Schreft & Aarti Singh, 2003. "A closer look at jobless recoveries," Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Q II, pages 45-73.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012.
"Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 44, pages 9-30, December.
- Galí, Jordi & Smets, Frank & Wouters, Rafael, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," CEPR Discussion Papers 8978, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow recoveries: A structural interpretation," Economics Working Papers 1317, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," Working Papers 630, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Jordi Galí & Frank Smets & Rafael Wouters, 2012. "Slow Recoveries: A Structural Interpretation," NBER Working Papers 18085, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nzb:nzbans:2012/06. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Reserve Bank of New Zealand Knowledge Centre)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.