Real-Time Hierarchical Resource Allocation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Williams, Steven R, 1986. "Realization and Nash Implementation: Two Aspects of Mechanism Design," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(1), pages 139-151, January.
- Nahum Melumad & Dilip Mookherjee & Stefan Reichelstein, 1997.
"Contract Complexity, Incentives, and the Value of Delegation,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 6(1), pages 257-289, June.
- Melamad, N. & Mookherjee, D. & Reichelstein, S., 1996. "Contract Complexity, Incentives and the Value of Delegation," Papers 70, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Nahum Melamad & Dilip Mookherjee & Stefan Reichelstein, 1996. "Contract Complexity, Incentives and the Value of Delegation," Papers 0070, Boston University - Industry Studies Programme.
- Jean-Jacques Laffont & David Martimort, 1997.
"Collusion under Asymmetric Information,"
Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 65(4), pages 875-912, July.
- Laffont, J.J. & Martimort, D., 1996. "Collusion Under Asymmetric Information," Papers 95.389, Toulouse - GREMAQ.
- J.J. Laffont & D. Martimort, 1997. "Collusion under asymmetric information [[Collusion en information asymétrique]]," Post-Print hal-02686625, HAL.
- Lu Hong & Scott Page, 1994. "Reducing informational costs in endowment mechanisms," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 1(1), pages 103-117, December.
- Melumad, Nahum & Mookherjee, Dilip & Reichelstein, Stefan, 1992. "A theory of responsibility centers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 445-484, December.
- Kenneth R. Mount & Stanley Reiter, 1990. "A Model of Computing with Human Agents," Discussion Papers 890, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Kieron Meagher & Timothy Van Zandt, 1998. "Managerial costs for one-shot decentralized information processing," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 3(4), pages 329-345.
- Radner, Roy, 1993. "The Organization of Decentralized Information Processing," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 61(5), pages 1109-1146, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 2004. "Balancedness of Real-Time Hierarchical Resource Allocation," CEPR Discussion Papers 4276, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Minyan Zhu & Antonio Peyrache, 2017.
"The quality and efficiency of public service delivery in the UK and China,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(2), pages 285-296, February.
- Antonio Peyrache & Minyan Zhu, 2013. "The quality and efficiency of public service delivery in the UK and China," CEPA Working Papers Series WP052013, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
- Dimitri Vayanos, 2003.
"The Decentralization of Information Processing in the Presence of Interactions,"
Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 70(3), pages 667-695.
- Vayanos, Dimitri, 2003. "The decentralization of information processing in the presence of interactions," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 452, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Castanheira, Micael & Leppämäki, Mikko, 2003. "Optimal Information Management: Organizations versus Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 4072, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 2004. "Structure and Returns to Scale of Real-Time Hierarchical Resource Allocation," CEPR Discussion Papers 4277, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Andrea Patacconi, 2009. "Coordination and delay in hierarchies," RAND Journal of Economics, RAND Corporation, vol. 40(1), pages 190-208, March.
- Grüner, Hans Peter, 2007. "Protocol Design and (De-)Centralization," CEPR Discussion Papers 6357, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Oriana Bandiera & Andrea Prat & Raffaella Sadun & Julie Wulf, 2012. "Span of Control and Span of Activity," CEP Discussion Papers dp1139, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 1995.
"Hierarchical computation of the resource allocation problem,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 39(3-4), pages 700-708, April.
- Timothy Van Zandt, 1994. "Hierarchical Computation of the Resource Allocation Problem," Macroeconomics 9412001, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kieron Meagher & Andrew Wait, 2008. "Who Decides about Change and Restructuring in Organizations?," CEPR Discussion Papers 587, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Van Zandt, Timothy, 2003. "Real-Time Hierarchical Resource Allocation with Quadratic Costs," CEPR Discussion Papers 4022, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Marschak, Thomas, 2006. "Organization Structure," MPRA Paper 81518, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsdecentralization; hierarchies; bounded rationality; real-time control;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D23 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Organizational Behavior; Transaction Costs; Property Rights
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nwu:cmsems:1231. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Fran Walker) The email address of this maintainer does not seem to be valid anymore. Please ask Fran Walker to update the entry or send us the correct email address. General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cmnwuus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.