Constraints on the Level and Efficient Use of Labor in Japan
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nakamura, Jiro & Ueda, Atsuko, 1999. "On the Determinants of Career Interruption by Childbirth among Married Women in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 73-89, March.
- Marcus Rebick, 2000.
"Japanese Labour Markets: Can we Expect Significant Change?,"
Economics Series Working Papers
21, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Rebick, M., 2000. "Japanese Labour Markets: Can we Expect Significant Change?," Economics Series Working Papers 9921, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dekle, Robert, 2000. "Demographic Destiny, Per-Capita Consumption, and the Japanese Saving-Investment Balance," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 46-60, Summer.
- Ariga,Kenn & Brunello,Giorgio & Ohkusa,Yasushi, 2010. "Internal Labour Markets in Japan," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521142748, April.
- Hashimoto, Masanori & Raisian, John, 1985. "Employment Tenure and Earnings Profiles in Japan and the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 721-735, September.
- Shimada, Haruo & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1985. "An Analysis of Trends in Female Labor Force Participation in Japan," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages 355-374, January.
- Nobuko Nagase, 1997. "Wage Differentials and Labour Supply of Married Women in Japan: Part-time and Informal Sector Work Opportunities," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 48(1), pages 29-42, January.
- Mincer, Jacob & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1988. "Wage structures and labor turnover in the United States and Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 2(2), pages 97-133, June.
- Hashimoto, Mansanori, 1993. "Aspects of Labor Market Adjustments in Japan," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 11(1), pages 136-161, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lecznar, Jonathan & Lubik, Thomas A., 2017. "Real Rates and Consumption Smoothing in a Low Interest Rate Environment: The Case of Japan," Working Paper 17-8, Federal Reserve Bank of Richmond.
- Cargill, Thomas, 2004. "Japan’s Economic and Financial Stagnation and the Possibility of a Second Lost Decade," EIJS Working Paper Series 199, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Djavad Salehi-Isfahani & Russell D. Murphy, 2006. "Labor market flexibility and investment in human capital," Working Papers e06-5, Virginia Polytechnic Institute and State University, Department of Economics.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 2010.
"Lifetime employment in Japan: Concepts and measurements,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies,
Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 1-27, March.
- Ono, Hiroshi, 2006. "Lifetime Employment in Japan: Concepts and Measurements," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 624, Stockholm School of Economics, revised 06 Apr 2007.
- HAMAAKI Junya & HORI Masahiro & MAEDA Saeko & MURATA Keiko, 2010. "Is the Japanese employment system degenerating? Evidence from the Basic Survey on Wage Structure," ESRI Discussion paper series 232, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Kambayashi, Ryo & Kato, Takao, 2011. "Long-term Employment and Job Security over the Last Twenty-Five Years: A Comparative Study of Japan and the U.S," IZA Discussion Papers 6183, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Ono, Hiroshi, 2004. "Are sons and daughters substitutable?: Allocation of family resources in contemporary Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 18(2), pages 143-160, June.
More about this item
- J16 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of Gender; Non-labor Discrimination
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2004-07-18 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2003-02-18 (Labour Economics)
- NEP-SEA-2004-07-18 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:9484. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .