Estimation of the labor participation and wage equation model of Japanese married women by the simultaneous maximum likelihood method
No abstract is available for this item.
Volume (Year): 18 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/inca/622903|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Yoshio Higuchi & Jane Waldfogel & Masahiro Abe, 1999. "Family leave policies and women's retention after childbirth: Evidence from the United States, Britain, and Japan," Journal of Population Economics, Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 12(4), pages 523-545.
- Masaru Sasaki, 2002. "The Causal Effect of Family Structure on Labor Force Participation among Japanese Married Women," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 37(2), pages 429-440.
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- Shimada, Haruo & Higuchi, Yoshio, 1985. "An Analysis of Trends in Female Labor Force Participation in Japan," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 3(1), pages S355-74, January.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1994. "Estimation of sample selection bias models by the maximum likelihood estimator and Heckman's two-step estimator," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(1), pages 33-40, May.
- Nakamura, Jiro & Ueda, Atsuko, 1999. "On the Determinants of Career Interruption by Childbirth among Married Women in Japan," Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 13(1), pages 73-89, March.
- Gronau, Reuben, 1974. "Wage Comparisons-A Selectivity Bias," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 82(6), pages 1119-43, Nov.-Dec..
- Blundell, Richard & Smith, Richard J., 1994. "Coherency and estimation in simultaneous models with censored or qualitative dependent variables," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 64(1-2), pages 355-373.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-94, July.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1993. "A note on the estimation of models with sample-selection biases," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 42(1), pages 15-24.
- Yoshio Higuchi, 2001. "Women's Employment in Japan and the Timing of Marriage and Childbirth," The Japanese Economic Review, Japanese Economic Association, vol. 52(2), pages 156-184.
- Nawata, Kazumitsu, 1995. "Estimation of sample-selection models by the maximum likelihood method," Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 299-303.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:jjieco:v:18:y:2004:i:3:p:301-315. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.