Impact of Violent Crime on Risk Aversion: Evidence from the Mexican Drug War
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bellemare, Charles & Shearer, Bruce, 2010.
"Sorting, incentives and risk preferences: Evidence from a field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(3), pages 345-348, September.
- Charles Bellemare & Bruce S. Shearer, 2006. "Sorting, Incentives and Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Field Experiment," Cahiers de recherche 0631, CIRPEE.
- Bellemare, Charles & Shearer, Bruce S., 2006. "Sorting, Incentives and Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 2227, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kimball, Miles S & Sahm, Claudia R & Shapiro, Matthew D, 2008. "Imputing Risk Tolerance From Survey Responses," Journal of the American Statistical Association, American Statistical Association, vol. 103(483), pages 1028-1038.
- Kerwin Kofi Charles & Erik Hurst, 2003. "The Correlation of Wealth across Generations," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 111(6), pages 1155-1182, December.
- Jakiela,Pamela & Ozier,Owen, 2015.
"The impact of violence on individual risk preferences : evidence from a natural experiment,"
Policy Research Working Paper Series
7440, The World Bank.
- Pamela Jakiela & Owen Ozier, 2015. "The Impact of Violence on Individual Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," HiCN Working Papers 204, Households in Conflict Network.
- Jakiela, Pamela & Ozier, Owen, 2016. "The Impact of Violence on Individual Risk Preferences: Evidence from a Natural Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 9870, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014.
"Underinvestment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 1671-1748, September.
- Bryan, Gharad & Chowdhury, Shyamal & Mobarak Mushfiq, Ahmed, 2014. "Underinvestment in a profitable technology: the case of seasonal migration in Bangladesh," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 60152, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Gharad Bryan & Shyamal Chowdhury & Ahmed Mushfiq Mobarak, 2014. "Under-investment in a Profitable Technology: The Case of Seasonal Migration in Bangladesh," NBER Working Papers 20172, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Callen & Mohammad Isaqzadeh & James D. Long & Charles Sprenger, 2014. "Violence and Risk Preference: Experimental Evidence from Afghanistan," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 104(1), pages 123-148, January.
- Gabriela Calderon & Gustavo Robles & Beatriz Magaloni, 2013. "Economic Consequences of Drug-Trafficking Violence in Mexico," Research Department Publications IDB-WP-426, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Chie Hanaoka & Hitoshi Shigeoka & Yasutora Watanabe, 2015. "Do Risk Preferences Change? Evidence from Panel Data before and after the Great East Japan Earthquake," NBER Working Papers 21400, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Kan, Kamhon, 2003. "Residential mobility and job changes under uncertainty," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(3), pages 566-586, November.
- John Quiggin, 2003. "Background risk in generalized expected utility theory," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 22(3), pages 607-611, October.
- Robert B. Barsky & F. Thomas Juster & Miles S. Kimball & Matthew D. Shapiro, 1997. "Preference Parameters and Behavioral Heterogeneity: An Experimental Approach in the Health and Retirement Study," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 537-579.
- Maarten J. Voors & Eleonora E. M. Nillesen & Philip Verwimp & Erwin H. Bulte & Robert Lensink & Daan P. Van Soest, 2012. "Violent Conflict and Behavior: A Field Experiment in Burundi," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(2), pages 941-964, April.
- Lusardi, Annamaria, 1998. "On the Importance of the Precautionary Saving Motive," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 88(2), pages 449-453, May.
More about this item
- D81 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Criteria for Decision-Making under Risk and Uncertainty
- I3 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:23181. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .