Temporary Migration and Endogenous Risk Sharing in Village India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sam Schulhofer-Wohl, 2011. "Heterogeneity and Tests of Risk Sharing," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 119(5), pages 925-958.
- Pierre‐André Chiappori & Krislert Samphantharak & Sam Schulhofer‐Wohl & Robert M. Townsend, 2014.
"Heterogeneity and risk sharing in village economies,"
Econometric Society, vol. 5, pages 1-27, March.
- Pierre-André Chiappori & Krislert Samphantharak & Sam Schulhofer-Wohl & Robert M. Townsend, 2011. "Heterogeneity and Risk Sharing in Village Economies," NBER Working Papers 16696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Krislert Samphantharak & Sam Schulhofer-Wohl & Robert M. Townsend, 2013. "Heterogeneity and risk sharking in village economies," Staff Report 483, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Pierre-Andre Chiappori & Krislert Samphantharak & Sam Schulhofer-Wohl, 2011. "Heterogeneity and risk sharing in village economies," Working Papers 683, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Ran Abramitzky, 2008. "The Limits of Equality: Insights from the Israeli Kibbutz," Discussion Papers 07-048, Stanford Institute for Economic Policy Research.
- Ran Abramitzky, 2008. "The Limits of Equality: Insights from the Israeli Kibbutz," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 123(3), pages 1111-1159.
- Joyce J. Chen, 2006. "Migration and Imperfect Monitoring: Implications for Intra-Household Allocation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 96(2), pages 227-231, May.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R & Binswanger, Hans P, 1993.
"Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 56-78, January.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1989. "Wealth, Weather Risk and the Composition and Profitability of Agricultural Investments," Bulletins 7455, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
- Rosenzweig, Mark R. & Binswanger, Hans P., 1992. "Wealth, weather risk, and the composition and profitability of agricultural investments," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1055, The World Bank.
- Bruins, Marianne & Duffy, James A. & Keane, Michael P. & Smith, Anthony A., 2018.
"Generalized indirect inference for discrete choice models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 205(1), pages 177-203.
- Anthony A. Smith, Jr. & Michael Keane, 2004. "Generalized Indirect Inference for Discrete Choice Models," Econometric Society 2004 North American Winter Meetings 512, Econometric Society.
- Marianne Bruins & James A. Duffy & Michael P. Keane & Anthony A. Smith, Jr, 2015. "Generalized Indirect Inference for Discrete Choice Models," Economics Papers 2015-W08, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Clément Imbert & John Papp, 2015.
"Labor Market Effects of Social Programs: Evidence from India's Employment Guarantee,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 233-263, April.
- Clément Imbert & John Papp, 2013. "Labor Market Effects of Social Programs: Evidence from India's Employment Guarantee," CSAE Working Paper Series 2013-03, Centre for the Study of African Economies, University of Oxford.
- Timothy J. Kehoe & David K. Levine, 1993. "Debt-Constrained Asset Markets," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 60(4), pages 865-888.
- Sarolta Laczo & Arpad Abraham, 2012. "Efficient Risk Sharing with Limited Commitment and Hidden Saving," 2012 Meeting Papers 680, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Pedro Albarran & Orazio P. Attanasio, 2003. "Limited Commitment and Crowding out of Private Transfers: Evidence from a Randomised Experiment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(486), pages 77-85, March.
- Diane Coffey & John Papp & Dean Spears, 2015. "Short-Term Labor Migration from Rural North India: Evidence from New Survey Data," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 34(3), pages 361-380, June.
- Fernando Alvarez & Urban J. Jermann, 2000. "Efficiency, Equilibrium, and Asset Pricing with Risk of Default," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 68(4), pages 775-798, July.
- Pender, John L., 1996. "Discount rates and credit markets: Theory and evidence from rural india," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(2), pages 257-296, August.
- Giles, John, 2006.
"Is life more risky in the open? Household risk-coping and the opening of China's labor markets,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 81(1), pages 25-60, October.
- John Giles, 2000. "Is Life More Risky in the Open? Household Risk-Coping and the Opening of China's Labor Markets," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series 314, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Fatih Guvenen & Anthony A. Smith, 2014.
"Inferring Labor Income Risk and Partial Insurance From Economic Choices,"
Econometric Society, vol. 82, pages 2085-2129, November.
- Fatih Guvenen & Anthony Smith, 2013. "Inferring labor income risk and partial insurance from economic choices," Staff Report 485, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis.
- Horowitz, Joel L, 1992. "A Smoothed Maximum Score Estimator for the Binary Response Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(3), pages 505-531, May.
More about this item
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- D52 - Microeconomics - - General Equilibrium and Disequilibrium - - - Incomplete Markets
- D91 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Role and Effects of Psychological, Emotional, Social, and Cognitive Factors on Decision Making
- O12 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Microeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:22159. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.