Do Depositors Monitor Banks?
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 1998.
"Unique Equilibrium in a Model of Self-Fulfilling Currency Attacks,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 88(3), pages 587-597, June.
- Morris, S & Song Shin, H, 1996. "Unique Equilibrium in a Model of Self-Fulfilling Currency Attacks," Economics Papers 126, Economics Group, Nuffield College, University of Oxford.
- Morris, Stephen & Shin, Hyun Song, 1997. "Unique Equilibrium in a Model of Self-fulfilling Currency Attacks," CEPR Discussion Papers 1687, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hudgins, Sylvia C., 1996. "Response of uninsured depositors to impending S&L failures: Evidence of depositor discipline," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 36(3), pages 311-325.
- Goldberg, Lawrence G. & Hudgins, Sylvia C., 2002. "Depositor discipline and changing strategies for regulating thrift institutions," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 63(2), pages 263-274, February.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Philip H. Dybvig, 2000. "Bank runs, deposit insurance, and liquidity," Quarterly Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, issue Win, pages 14-23.
- Merton, Robert C, 1978.
"On the Cost of Deposit Insurance When There Are Surveillance Costs,"
The Journal of Business,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 51(3), pages 439-452, July.
- Merton, Robert C., 1977. "On the cost of deposit insurance when there are surveillance costs," Working papers 903-77., Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Sloan School of Management.
- María Soledad Martínez-Peria & Sergio Schmukler, 2002.
"Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises,"
Central Banking, Analysis, and Economic Policies Book Series,in: Leonardo Hernández & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel & Norman Loayza (Series Editor) & Klaus Schmidt-Hebbel (Se (ed.), Banking, Financial Integration, and International Crises, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 5, pages 143-174
Central Bank of Chile.
- Maria Soledad Martinez Peria, 2001. "Do Depositors Punish Banks for Bad Behavior? Market Discipline, Deposit Insurance, and Banking Crises," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 56(3), pages 1029-1051, June.
- George-Marios Angeletos & Christian Hellwig & Alessandro Pavan, 2007. "Dynamic Global Games of Regime Change: Learning, Multiplicity, and the Timing of Attacks," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 75(3), pages 711-756, May.
- Andrew Davenport & Kathleen McDill, 2006. "The Depositor Behind the Discipline: A Micro-Level Case Study of Hamilton Bank," Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 30(1), pages 93-109, August.
- Saunders, Anthony & Wilson, Berry, 1996. "Contagious Bank Runs: Evidence from the 1929-1933 Period," Journal of Financial Intermediation, Elsevier, vol. 5(4), pages 409-423, October.
- Rajkamal Iyer & Manju Puri, 2012. "Understanding Bank Runs: The Importance of Depositor-Bank Relationships and Networks," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(4), pages 1414-1445, June.
- Douglas W. Diamond & Raghuram G. Rajan, 2001. "Banks and Liquidity," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 91(2), pages 422-425, May.
- Gary Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012.
"Getting Up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 50(1), pages 128-150, March.
- Gary B. Gorton & Andrew Metrick, 2012. "Getting up to Speed on the Financial Crisis: A One-Weekend-Reader's Guide," NBER Working Papers 17778, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Charles W. Calomiris & Joseph R. Mason, 2003. "Consequences of Bank Distress During the Great Depression," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(3), pages 937-947, June.
- Park, Sangkyun & Peristiani, Stavros, 1998. "Market Discipline by Thrift Depositors," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 30(3), pages 347-364, August.
- Stephen Morris & Hyun Song Shin, 2002. "Social Value of Public Information," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(5), pages 1521-1534, December.
- Calomiris, Charles W & Kahn, Charles M, 1991. "The Role of Demandable Debt in Structuring Optimal Banking Arrangements," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(3), pages 497-513, June.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Lambert, Claudia & Noth, Felix & Schüwer, Ulrich, 2017.
"How do insured deposits affect bank risk? Evidence from the 2008 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act,"
Journal of Financial Intermediation,
Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 81-102.
- Claudia Lambert & Felix Noth & Ulrich Schüwer, 2013. "How Do Insured Deposits Affect Bank Risk?: Evidence from the 2008 Emergency Economic Stabilization Act," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1347, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lambert, Claudia & Noth, Felix & Schüwer, Ulrich, 2013. "How do insured deposits affect bank risk? Evidence from the 2008 emergency economic stabilization act," SAFE Working Paper Series 38, Research Center SAFE - Sustainable Architecture for Finance in Europe, Goethe University Frankfurt.
- Ahmed, Javed I. & Anderson, Christopher W. & Zarutskie, Rebecca, 2015. "Are the Borrowing Costs of Large Financial Firms Unusual?," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2015-24, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Carlson, Mark A. & Rose, Jonathan D., 2016.
"Can a Bank Run Be Stopped? Government Guarantees and the Run on Continental Illinois,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2016-3, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Mark A Carlson & Jonathan Rose, 2016. "Can a bank run be stopped? Government guarantees and the run on Continental Illinois," BIS Working Papers 554, Bank for International Settlements.
- Brown, Martin & Guin, Benjamin & Morkoetter, Stefan, 2013. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks: The Importance of Switching Costs," Working Papers on Finance 1319, University of St. Gallen, School of Finance, revised Dec 2017.
- Guin, Benjamin & Brown, Martin & Morkötter, Stefan, 2015. "Deposit Withdrawals from Distressed Commercial Banks," Annual Conference 2015 (Muenster): Economic Development - Theory and Policy 113081, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Florian Schaffner, 2015. "Predicting US bank failures with internet search volume data," ECON - Working Papers 214, Department of Economics - University of Zurich.
- Marianna Brunetti & Rocco Ciciretti & Ljubica Djordjevic, 2016. "Till Mortgage Do Us Part: Refinancing Costs and Household’s Bank Switching," CEIS Research Paper 364, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 13 Dec 2017.
More about this item
- G01 - Financial Economics - - General - - - Financial Crises
- G2 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services
- G21 - Financial Economics - - Financial Institutions and Services - - - Banks; Other Depository Institutions; Micro Finance Institutions; Mortgages
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:19050. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.