Economics, History, and Causation
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Deepak Lal, 1993. "Poverty and Development," UCLA Economics Working Papers 707, UCLA Department of Economics.
- Peter Blair Henry & Conrad Miller, 2009.
"Institutions versus Policies: A Tale of Two Islands,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 99(2), pages 261-267, May.
- Henry, Peter B. & Miller, Conrad, 2008. "Institutions versus Policies: A Tale of Two Islands," Research Papers 2012, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Randall K. Morck, 2005. "A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number morc05-1, June.
- Rajan, Raghuram G. & Zingales, Luigi, 2003. "The great reversals: the politics of financial development in the twentieth century," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 5-50, July.
- Caroline Fohlin, 2005. "The History of Corporate Ownership and Control in Germany," NBER Chapters,in: A History of Corporate Governance around the World: Family Business Groups to Professional Managers, pages 223-282 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- David L. Weimer, 1986. "Collective Delusion In The Social Sciences: Publishing Incentives For Empirical Abuse," Review of Policy Research, Policy Studies Organization, vol. 5(4), pages 705-708, May.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kun Tracy Wang & Dejia Li, 2016. "Market Reactions to the First-Time Disclosure of Corporate Social Responsibility Reports: Evidence from China," Journal of Business Ethics, Springer, vol. 138(4), pages 661-682, November.
- Harrison, Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2014.
"Explaining Africa’s (Dis)advantage,"
Elsevier, vol. 63(C), pages 59-77.
- Ann E. Harrison & Justin Yifu Lin & L. Colin Xu, 2013. "Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage," NBER Working Papers 18683, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harrison,Ann E. & Lin, Justin Yifu & Xu,L. Colin, 2013. "Explaining Africa's (Dis)advantage," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6316, The World Bank.
- repec:eee:corfin:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:215-232 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nathan Foley-Fisher & Eoin McLaughlin, 2013.
"Irish Land Bonds: 1891-1938,"
ESE Discussion Papers
239, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- McLaughlin, Eoin & Foley-Fisher, Nathan, 2013. "Irish Land Bonds: 1891-1938," SIRE Discussion Papers 2013-109, Scottish Institute for Research in Economics (SIRE).
- Foley-Fisher, Nathan & McLaughlin, Eoin, 2014. "Irish land bonds: 1891-1938," eabh Papers 14-01, The European Association for Banking and Financial History (EABH).
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin & Yang, Xi & Zhou, Li-An & Zhu, Tian, 2017.
"Market facilitation by local government and firm efficiency: Evidence from China,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 460-480.
- Cull, Robert & Xu, Lixin Colin & Yang, Xi & Zhou, Li-An & Zhu, Tian, 2013. "Market facilitation by local government and firm efficiency : evidence from China," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6688, The World Bank.
- Morten Jerven, 2016. "The Failure of Economists to Explain Growth in African Economies," Development Policy Review, Overseas Development Institute, vol. 34(6), pages 889-893, November.
- Knack, Steve & Xu, Lixin Colin, 2017.
"Unbundling institutions for external finance: Worldwide firm-level evidence,"
Journal of Corporate Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 44(C), pages 215-232.
- Knack,Stephen & Xu,L. Colin, 2015. "Unbundling institutions for external finance : worldwide firm-level evidence," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7287, The World Bank.
- Peter Wysocki, 2011. "New institutional accounting and IFRS," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 309-328, August.
More about this item
- C01 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - General - - - Econometrics
- C21 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models
- C31 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Cross-Sectional Models; Spatial Models; Treatment Effect Models; Quantile Regressions; Social Interaction Models
- G0 - Financial Economics - - General
- M2 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Economics
- N0 - Economic History - - General
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:16678. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.