Poverty and Development
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Harberger, Arnold C, 1984. "Basic Needs versus Distributional Weights in Social Cost-Benefit Analysis," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 455-474, April.
- Glewwe, P. & Van Der Gaag, J., 1988. "Confronting Poverty In Developing Countries -," Papers 48, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Sen, Amartya K, 1976. "Poverty: An Ordinal Approach to Measurement," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 44(2), pages 219-231, March.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1988. "Poverty and public policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 539-555, May.
- Ravallion, M., 1992. "Poverty Comparisons - A Guide to Concepts and Methods," Papers 88, World Bank - Living Standards Measurement.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Bhalla, Surjit S & Glewwe, Paul, 1986. "Growth and Equity in Developing Countries: A Reinterpretation of the Sri Lankan Experience," World Bank Economic Review, World Bank Group, vol. 1(1), pages 35-63, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1992.
"A Sensitivity Analysis of Cross-Country Growth Regressions,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 82(4), pages 942-963, September.
- Levine, Ross & Renelt, David, 1991. "A sensitivity analysis of cross-country growth regressions," Policy Research Working Paper Series 609, The World Bank.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1980.
"The Growth of Government,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 209-287, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1980. "The Growth of Government," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 1, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Hayek, F. A., 2018. "The Fatal Conceit," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, edition 1, number 9780226320663 edited by Bartley, III, W. W., June.
- Atkinson, A.B., 1987. "Income maintenance and social insurance," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 13, pages 779-908 Elsevier.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wing Woo, 2004.
"Some Fundamental Inadequacies of the Washington Consensus: Misunderstanding the Poor by the Brightest,"
Development and Comp Systems
- Wing Woo, 2004. "Some Fundamental Inadequacies of the Washington Consensus: Misunderstanding the Poor by the Brightest," Development and Comp Systems 0411021, EconWPA.
- Thierry Verdier & Daron Acemoglu, 2000. "The Choice between Market Failures and Corruption," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 194-211, March.
- Haque, Nadeem ul Haque, 2006.
"Awake the Sleeper Within: Releasing the Energy of Stifled Domestic Commerce,"
2141, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nadeem Ul Haque, 2006. "Awake the Sleeper Within: Releasing the Energy of Stifled Domestic Commerce!," PIDE-Working Papers 2006:11, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Robert Bates & Avner Greif & Smita Singh, 2002. "Organizing Violence," Journal of Conflict Resolution, Peace Science Society (International), vol. 46(5), pages 599-628, October.
- JosÃ© Palma, 2015. "Globalizing Inequality: â€˜Centrifugalâ€™ and â€˜Centripetalâ€™ Forces at Work," Working Papers id:7199, eSocialSciences.
- Campos, Jose Edgardo & Lien, Donald & DEC, 1994. "Institutions and the East Asian miracle : asymmetric information, rent - seeking, and the deliberation council," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1321, The World Bank.
- Hermes, Niels, 1997. "New explanations of the economic success of East Asia : lessons for developing and Eastern European countries," CDS Research Reports 199703, University of Groningen, Centre for Development Studies (CDS).
- Naqvi, Syed Nawab Haider, 2012. "The Idea of Inclusive Growth and Development Policy:," PSSP working papers 3, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Nadeem Ul Haque, 2006. "Beyond Planning and Mercantilism: An Evaluation of Pakistan’s Growth Strategy," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 45(1), pages 3-48.
- Alan M. Taylor, 2003. "Foreign Capital in Latin America in the Nineteenth and Twentieth Centuries," NBER Working Papers 9580, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- José Gabriel Palma, 2006. "Globalizing Inequality: ‘Centrifugal’ and ‘Centripetal’ Forces at Work," Working Papers 35, United Nations, Department of Economics and Social Affairs.
- Jong-Wha Lee, 1995. "Government Interventions and Productivity Growth in Korean ManufacturingIndustries," NBER Working Papers 5060, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Randall Morck & Bernard Yeung, 2011. "Economics, History, and Causation," NBER Working Papers 16678, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nadeem Ul Haque, 2006. "Awake the Sleeper Within : Releasing the Energy of Stifled Domestic Commerce!," Trade Working Papers 22189, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Cosmin Marinescu, 2007. "European Economic Model: Que Vadis Ue?," Revista Tinerilor Economisti (The Young Economists Journal), University of Craiova, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, vol. 1(9S), pages 87-94, May.
- Zangeneh, Hamid, 2006. "Saving, Investment and Growth: A Causality Test," MPRA Paper 26806, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2006.
- Armah, Stephen E., 2008. "Explaining Ghana's Recent Good Cocoa Karma: Smuggling Incentive Argument," 2008 Annual Meeting, July 27-29, 2008, Orlando, Florida 6359, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Susan Anderson & Peter Boettke, 2004. "The Development Set: The Character of the _Journal of Development Economics_ 2002," Econ Journal Watch, Econ Journal Watch, vol. 1(2), pages 306-318, August.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:uclawp:707. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/ .