Institutions and government growth: a comparison of the 1890s and the 1930s
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Thomas A. Garrett & Russell M. Rhine, 2008. "Institutions and government growth: a comparison of the 1890s and the 1930s," Working Papers 2008-020, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kristov, Lorenzo & Lindert, Peter & McClelland, Robert, 1992. "Pressure groups and redistribution," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(2), pages 135-163, July.
- Randall G. Holcombe & Jeffrey A. Mills, 1995. "Politics and Deficit Finance," Public Finance Review, , vol. 23(4), pages 448-466, October.
- Holcombe, Randall G, 1999. "Veterans Interests and the Transition to Government Growth: 1870-1915," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 99(3-4), pages 311-326, June.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1980.
"The Growth of Government,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 209-287, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1980. "The Growth of Government," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 1, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Randall G. Holcombe, 1996. "The Growth of the Federal Government in the 1920s," Cato Journal, Cato Journal, Cato Institute, vol. 16(2), pages 175-199, Fall.
- Michael Hudson, 2008. "Henry George's Political Critics," American Journal of Economics and Sociology, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(1), pages 1-45, January.
- Randall Holcombe, 2005. "Government growth in the twenty-first century," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 124(1), pages 95-114, July.
- Wittman, Donald, 1989. "Why Democracies Produce Efficient Results," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 97(6), pages 1395-1424, December.
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- John R. Lott & Jr. & Lawrence W. Kenny, 1999. "Did Women's Suffrage Change the Size and Scope of Government?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 107(6), pages 1163-1198, December.
- repec:cup:apsrev:v:79:y:1985:i:02:p:491-507_22 is not listed on IDEAS
- R. G. Holcombe & D. J. Lacombe, 1998. "Interests Versus Ideology in the Ratification of the 16th and 17th Amendments," Economics and Politics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 10(2), pages 143-160, July.
- Gary S. Becker, 1983. "A Theory of Competition Among Pressure Groups for Political Influence," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 98(3), pages 371-400.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
More about this item
KeywordsFederal government ; Depressions;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fip:fedlrv:y:2010:i:mar:p:109-120:n:v.92no.2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kathy Cosgrove). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/frbslus.html .