Social Policy After Socialism
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Lindbeck, A., 1990. "The Swedish Experience," Papers 482, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- J. A. Mirrlees, 1971. "An Exploration in the Theory of Optimum Income Taxation," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(2), pages 175-208.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1991. "Economists and the welfare state," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 213-239, April.
- Charap, Joshua & Dyba, Karel, 1991. "Transition to a market economy: The case of Czechoslovakia," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 35(2-3), pages 581-590, April.
- Bardhan, Pranab, 1989. "The new institutional economics and development theory: A brief critical assessment," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 17(9), pages 1389-1395, September.
- Mesa-Lago, Carmelo, 1983. "Social security and extreme poverty in Latin America," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(1-2), pages 83-110.
- Brennan,Geoffrey & Buchanan,James M., 2006. "The Power to Tax," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521027922, May.
- Dyba, Karel & Svejnar, Jan, 1991. "Czechoslovakia: Recent Economic Developments and Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 185-190, May.
- Collier, Irwin L, Jr & Siebert, Horst, 1991. "The Economic Integration of Post-Wall Germany," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 196-201, May.
- Bhagwati, Jagdish N., 1988. "Poverty and public policy," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 16(5), pages 539-555, May.
- Dasgupta, Partha, 1980. "Decentralization and Rights," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(186), pages 107-123, May.
- Siebert, Horst, 1991. "German unification: the economics of transition," Kiel Working Papers 468, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Meltzer, Allan H & Richard, Scott F, 1981. "A Rational Theory of the Size of Government," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(5), pages 914-927, October.
- Peltzman, Sam, 1980.
"The Growth of Government,"
Journal of Law and Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 209-287, October.
- Sam Peltzman, 1980. "The Growth of Government," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 1, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Gillian Paull, 1991. "Poverty Alleviation and Social Safety Net Schemes for Economies in Transition," IMF Working Papers 91/14, International Monetary Fund.
- Braverman, Avishay & Guasch, J. Luis, 1989. "Rural credit in developing countries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 219, The World Bank.
- Crane, Keith, 1991. "Institutional Legacies and the Economic, Social, and Political Environment for Transition in Hungary and Poland," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 81(2), pages 318-322, May.
- Atkinson, A.B., 1987. "Income maintenance and social insurance," Handbook of Public Economics,in: A. J. Auerbach & M. Feldstein (ed.), Handbook of Public Economics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 13, pages 779-908 Elsevier.
- Stigler, George J, 1970. "Director's Law of Public Income Redistribution," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 13(1), pages 1-10, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cla:uclawp:641. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (David K. Levine). General contact details of provider: http://www.econ.ucla.edu/ .