Gender and Ethnic Inequalities in LAC Countries
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Chzhen, Yekaterina & Mumford, Karen A. & Nicodemo, Catia, 2012. "The Gender Pay Gap in the Australian Private Sector: Is Selection Relevant across the Wage Distribution?," IZA Discussion Papers 6558, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jaime Tenjo G & Rocío Ribero M. & Luisa Fernanda Bernat D., 2005. "Evolución De Las Diferencias Salariales Por Sexo En Seis Países De América Latina Un Intento De Interpretación," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 002656, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:3:y:1999:i:pc:p:3143-3259 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fortin, Nicole & Lemieux, Thomas & Firpo, Sergio, 2011. "Decomposition Methods in Economics," Handbook of Labor Economics, Elsevier.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Francine D. Blau & Lawrence M. Kahn, 2000. "Gender Differences in Pay," Journal of Economic Perspectives, American Economic Association, vol. 14(4), pages 75-99, Fall.
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2009.
"Unconditional Quantile Regressions,"
Econometric Society, vol. 77(3), pages 953-973, May.
- SErgio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2006. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," Textos para discussão 533, Department of Economics PUC-Rio (Brazil).
- Sergio Firpo & Nicole M. Fortin & Thomas Lemieux, 2007. "Unconditional Quantile Regressions," NBER Technical Working Papers 0339, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Kooreman, Peter & Kapteyn, Arie, 1987.
"A Disaggregated Analysis of the Allocation of Time within the Household,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 95(2), pages 223-249, April.
- Kooreman, P. & Kapteyn, A.J., 1984. "A disaggregated analysis of the allocation of time within the household," Research Memorandum FEW 153, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Moshe Buchinsky, 1998. "The dynamics of changes in the female wage distribution in the USA: a quantile regression approach," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 13(1), pages 1-30.
- Albrecht, James & van Vuuren, Aico & Vroman, Susan, 2009.
"Counterfactual distributions with sample selection adjustments: Econometric theory and an application to the Netherlands,"
Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 383-396, August.
- Jim Albrecht & Aico van Vuuren & Susan Vroman, 2007. "Counterfactual Distributions with Sample Selection Adjustments: Econometric Theory and an Application to the Netherlands," Working Papers gueconwpa~07-07-06, Georgetown University, Department of Economics.
- Melly, Blaise, 2005. "Decomposition of differences in distribution using quantile regression," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 577-590, August.
- Begoña Álvarez & Daniel Miles, 2003.
"Gender effect on housework allocation: Evidence from Spanish two-earner couples,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(2), pages 227-242, May.
- Begona Alvarez & Daniel Miles, "undated". "Gender Effect on Housework Allocation: Evidence from Spanish Two-Earner Couples," Studies on the Spanish Economy 114, FEDEA.
- Reimers, Cordelia W, 1983. "Labor Market Discrimination against Hispanic and Black Men," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(4), pages 570-579, November.
- Juhn, Chinhui & Murphy, Kevin M & Pierce, Brooks, 1993. "Wage Inequality and the Rise in Returns to Skill," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 101(3), pages 410-442, June.
- Gurleen K. Popli, 2013. "Gender wage differentials in Mexico: a distributional approach," Journal of the Royal Statistical Society Series A, Royal Statistical Society, vol. 176(2), pages 295-319, February.
- José Mata & José A. F. Machado, 2005. "Counterfactual decomposition of changes in wage distributions using quantile regression," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 20(4), pages 445-465.
- Wales, Terence J & Woodland, A D, 1977. "Estimation of the Allocation of Time for Work, Leisure, and Housework," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 45(1), pages 115-132, January.
- David Neumark, 1988.
"Employers' Discriminatory Behavior and the Estimation of Wage Discrimination,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 23(3), pages 279-295.
- David Neumark, 1987. "Employers' discriminatory behavior and the estimation of wage discrimination," Special Studies Papers 227, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Carla Canelas & Rachel M. Gisselquist, 2017. "Human capital, labour market outcomes, and horizontal inequality in Guatemala," WIDER Working Paper Series 091, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Carla Canelas & Rachel Gisselquist, 2017. "Human Capital, Labour Market Outcomes and Horizontal Inequality in Guatemala," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 17045, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne.
- Campaña, Juan Carlos & Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto, 2015.
"Gender differences in the distribution of total work-time of Latin- American families: the importance of social norms,"
62759, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Campaña, Juan Carlos & Gimenez-Nadal, J. Ignacio & Molina, José Alberto, 2015. "Gender Differences in the Distribution of Total Work-Time of Latin-American Families: The Importance of Social Norms," IZA Discussion Papers 8933, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Juan Carlos, Campaña & J. Ignacio, Giménez-Nadal & Jose Alberto, Molina, 2017. "Differences between self-employed and employed mothers in balancing family and work responsibilities: Evidence from Latin American countries," MPRA Paper 77964, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Juan Carlos, Campaña & J. Ignacio, Giménez-Nadal & Jose Alberto, Molina, 2017. "Self-employment and educational childcare time: Evidence from Latin America," MPRA Paper 77360, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carla Canelas & Rachel Gisselquist, 2017. "Human Capital, Labor Market Outcomes and Horizontal Inequality in Guatemala," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-01658795, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsInequality; ethnicity; gender; time-use;
- J22 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Time Allocation and Labor Supply
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J71 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Labor Discrimination - - - Hiring and Firing
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mse:cesdoc:14021r. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Lucie Label). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cenp1fr.html .