It's a matter of confidence: Institutions, government stability and economic outcomes
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Hayo, Bernd & Voigt, Stefan, 2013.
"Endogenous constitutions: Politics and politicians matter, economic outcomes don’t,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 88(C), pages 47-61.
- Bernd Hayo & Stefan Voigt, 2010. "Endogenous Constitutions: Politics and Politicians Matter, Economic Outcomes Don’t," MAGKS Papers on Economics 201027, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, 2000.
"Comparative Politics and Public Finance,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(6), pages 1121-1161, December.
- Torsten Persson & Gerard Roland & Guido Tabellini, "undated". "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Working Papers 114, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Persson, Torsten & Roland , Gérard & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Seminar Papers 633, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Persson, Torsten & Roland, Gérard & Tabellini, Guido, 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," CEPR Discussion Papers 1737, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Persson, T. & Roland, G. & Tabellini, G., 1997. "Comparative Politics and Public Finance," Papers 633, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Daniel Diermeier & Razvan Vlaicu, 2011. "Executive Control and Legislative Success," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 78(3), pages 846-871.
- Lorenz Blume & Jens Müller & Stefan Voigt & Carsten Wolf, 2009.
"The economic effects of constitutions: replicating—and extending—Persson and Tabellini,"
Springer, vol. 139(1), pages 197-225, April.
- Lorenz Blume & Jens Müller & Stefan Voigt & Carsten Wolf, 2007. "The Economic Effects of Constitutions: Replicating – and Extending – Persson and Tabellini," CESifo Working Paper Series 2017, CESifo Group Munich.
- Stefan Voigt, 2011.
"Positive constitutional economics II—a survey of recent developments,"
Springer, vol. 146(1), pages 205-256, January.
- Stefan Voigt, 2009. "Positive Constitutional Economics II—A Survey of Recent Developments," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200936, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Voigt, Stefan, 2011. "Empirical constitutional economics: Onward and upward?," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 80(2), pages 319-330.
- Daron Acemoglu, 2005. "Constitutions, Politics and Economics: A Review Essay on Persson and Tabellini's "The Economic Effect of Constitutions"," NBER Working Papers 11235, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Brennan, Geoffrey & Kliemt, Hartmut, 1994. "Finite Lives and Social Institutions," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 47(4), pages 551-571.
- Michela Cella & Giovanna Iannantuoni & Elena Manzoni, 2014. "Constitutional Rules and Efficient Policies," Working Papers 270, University of Milano-Bicocca, Department of Economics, revised Mar 2014.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bla:econom:v:84:y:2017:i:335:p:430-453 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
Keywordspresidential system; parliamentary system; confidence requirement; government stability;
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D72 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Political Processes: Rent-seeking, Lobbying, Elections, Legislatures, and Voting Behavior
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2015-09-18 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mib:wpaper:309. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Matteo Pelagatti). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dpmibit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.