Fast Moving Consumer Goods: Competitive Conditions and Policies
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Cotterill, Ronald W & Putsis, William P, Jr & Dhar, Ravi, 2000.
"Assessing the Competitive Interaction between Private Labels and National Brands,"
The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 73(1), pages 109-137, January.
- Ronald W. Cotterill & William P. Putsis Jr. & Ravi Dhar, 1999. "Assessing the Competitive Interaction Between Private Labels and National Brands," Food Marketing Policy Center Research Reports 044, University of Connecticut, Department of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Charles J. Zwick Center for Food and Resource Policy.
- William P. Putsis Jr. & Ronald W. Cotterill & Ravi Dhar, 1999. "Assessing the Competitive Interaction between Private Labels and National Brands," Yale School of Management Working Papers ysm131, Yale School of Management.
- Cotterill, Ronald W. & Putsis, William P., Jr. & Dhar, Ravi, 1999. "Assessing the Competitive Interaction Between Private Labels and National Brands," Research Reports 25177, University of Connecticut, Food Marketing Policy Center.
- Fiona Scott Morton & Florian Zettelmeyer, 2004. "The Strategic Positioning of Store Brands in Retailer--Manufacturer Negotiations," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(2), pages 161-194, March.
- Olivier Boylaud, 2000. "Regulatory Reform in Road Freight and Retail Distribution," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 255, OECD Publishing.
- Serdar Sayman & Jagmohan S. Raju, 2004. "Investigating the Cross-Category Effects of Store Brands," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 24(2), pages 129-141, March.
- Olivier Boylaud & Giuseppe Nicoletti, 2003. "Regulatory reform in retail distribution," OECD Economic Studies, OECD Publishing, vol. 2001(1), pages 253-274.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tekguc, Hasan, 2010.
"Oligopoly and price transmission in Turkey’s fluid milk market,"
114th Seminar, April 15-16, 2010, Berlin, Germany
61087, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Hasan Tekguc, 2010. "Oligopoly and price transmission in Turkey's fluid milk market," Working Papers 2011-03, Mardin Artuklu Univeristy, Department of Economics.
- Ismail Erol & Nigar Cakar & Derya Erel & Ramazan Sari, 2009. "Sustainability in the Turkish retailing industry," Sustainable Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(1), pages 49-67.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Szymanowski, M.G., 2009. "Consumption-based learning about brand quality : Essays on how private labels share and borrow reputation," Other publications TiSEM b12825d8-5e21-4437-adda-b, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Choi, Sungchul & Fredj, Karima, 2013. "Price competition and store competition: Store brands vs. national brand," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 225(1), pages 166-178.
- Bo Liao & Candace A. Yano & Minakshi Trivedi, 2020. "Optimizing Store‐Brand Quality: Impact of Choice of Producer and Channel Price Leadership," Production and Operations Management, Production and Operations Management Society, vol. 29(1), pages 118-137, January.
- Sergio Meza & K. Sudhir, 2010. "Do private labels increase retailer bargaining power?," Quantitative Marketing and Economics (QME), Springer, vol. 8(3), pages 333-363, September.
- Fornari, Daniele & Fornari, Edoardo & Grandi, Sebastiano & Menegatti, Mario, 2016. "Leading national brands facing store brands competition: Is price competitiveness the only thing that matters?," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 234-241.
- Mao, Zhixin & Duan, Yongrui & Yao, Yuliang & Huo, Jiazhen, 2021. "The moderating effect of average wage and number of stores on private label market share: A hierarchical linear model analysis," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 60(C).
- Daunfeldt, Sven-Olov & Orth, Matilda & Rudholm, Niklas, 2008. "Does the Quality of Store Brands Affect the Number of National Brand Suppliers?," HUI Working Papers 18, HUI Research.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Sorgard, Lars, 2007.
"Private labels, price rivalry, and public policy,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 51(2), pages 403-424, February.
- Staahl Gabrielsen, T. & Sorgard, L., 2000. "Private Labels, Price Rivalry, and Public Policy," Papers 8/00, Norwegian School of Economics and Business Administration-.
- Gabrielsen, Tommy Staahl & Sørgard, Lars, 2000. "Private Labels, Price Rivalry, and Public Policy," University of California at Santa Barbara, Economics Working Paper Series qt8wh900ks, Department of Economics, UC Santa Barbara.
- Fabian Bergès & Philippe Bontems & Vincent Réquillart, 2009.
"L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs,"
Economie & Prévision, La Documentation Française, vol. 0(3), pages 41-56.
- Vincent Réquillart & Philippe Bontems & Fabian Bergès-Sennou, 2009. "L’impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 189(3), pages 41-56.
- Bergès, Fabian & Bontems, Philippe & Réquillart, Vincent, 2007. "L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," IDEI Working Papers 455, Institut d'Économie Industrielle (IDEI), Toulouse.
- Fabian Berges & Philippe Bontems & Vincent Requillart, 2009. "L'impact économique du développement des marques de distributeurs," Post-Print hal-02669072, HAL.
- Keller, Kristopher O. & Dekimpe, Marnik G. & Geyskens, Inge, 2022. "Adding budget and premium private labels to standard private labels: Established empirical generalizations, emerging empirical insights, and future research," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 98(1), pages 5-23.
- Fornari, Edoardo & Fornari, Daniele & Grandi, Sebastiano & Menegatti, Mario, 2013. "The influence of retailing-mix levers on private label market share: The case of the Italian FMCG market," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 20(6), pages 617-624.
- Draganska, Michaela & Klapper, Daniel, 2006. "Retail Environment and Manufacturer Competitive Intensity," Research Papers 1953, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Sheikh Basharul Islam & Suhail Ahmad Bhat & Mushtaq Ahmad Darzi, 2021. "Determining the Influence of Private Labels on Sales of National Brands: A Qualitative Approach," FIIB Business Review, , vol. 10(2), pages 133-145, June.
- Amrouche, Nawel & Yan, Ruiliang, 2012. "Implementing online store for national brand competing against private label," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 65(3), pages 325-332.
- Wu, Lifang & Yang, Wei & Wu, Jessica, 2021. "Private label management: A literature review," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 368-384.
- Timothy J. Richards, 2017. "Analysis of Umbrella Branding with Crowdsourced Data," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 33(2), pages 135-150, April.
- Yasin Alan & Mümin Kurtuluş & Chunlin Wang, 2019. "The Role of Store Brand Spillover in a Retailer’s Category Management Strategy," Manufacturing & Service Operations Management, INFORMS, vol. 21(3), pages 620-635, July.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Patterson, Paul M., 2010.
"Spatial Competition and Private Labels,"
Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 35(2), pages 1-26, August.
- Richards, Timothy J. & Hamilton, Stephen F. & Patterson, Paul M., 2007. "Spatial Competition in Private Labels," 2007 Annual Meeting, July 29-August 1, 2007, Portland, Oregon 9840, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Amrouche, Nawel & Zaccour, Georges, 2007. "Shelf-space allocation of national and private brands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 180(2), pages 648-663, July.
- Bolandifar, Ehsan & Chen, Zhong & Zhu, Kaijie, 2021. "Managing competitive levers in a collaborative distribution channel," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 293(3), pages 1031-1042.
More about this item
KeywordsFMCG; competition policy; Turkey;
All these keywords.
- L4 - Industrial Organization - - Antitrust Issues and Policies
- L81 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Retail and Wholesale Trade; e-Commerce
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:met:wpaper:0503. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Erol Taymaz (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ermettr.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.