An Economic Perspective on the Jurisdictional Reform of the European Merger Control System
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nicholas Levy, 2005. "Mario Monti's Legacy in EC Merger Control," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 1.
- Easterbrook, Frank H, 1983. "Antitrust and the Economics of Federalism," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 26(1), pages 23-50, April.
- Van Den Bergh, Roger, 1996. "Economic criteria for applying the subsidiarity principle in the European community: The case of competition policy," International Review of Law and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 363-383, September.
- Lars P. Feld & Horst Zimmermann & Thomas Döring, 2004. "Federalism, Decentralization, and Economic Growth," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200430, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Neven, Damien J. & Roller, Lars-Hendrik, 2000.
"The allocation of jurisdiction in international antitrust,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 44(4-6), pages 845-855, May.
- Damien J. NEVEN & Lars-Hendrik RÖLLER, 1999. "The Allocation of Jurisdiction in International Antitrust," Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'Econométrie et d'Economie politique (DEEP) 9916, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, DEEP.
- Karl Aiginger & Mark McCabe & Dennis Mueller & Christoph Weiss, 2001. "Do American and European Industrial Organization Economists Differ?," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 19(4), pages 383-404, December.
- Mario Monti, 2004. "Competition Policy in a Global Economy," International Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 7(3), pages 495-504, December.
- Bruce R. Lyons, 2004. "Reform of European Merger Policy," Review of International Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(2), pages 246-261, May.
- Barros, Pedro P. & Cabral, Luis, 1994. "Merger policy in open economies," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 38(5), pages 1041-1055, May.
- Tay, Abigail & Willmann, Gerald, 2005. "Why (no) global competition policy is a tough choice," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 45(2-3), pages 312-324, May.
- Galeotti, Gianluigi & Breton, Albert, 1986. "An Economic Theory of Political Parties," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(1), pages 47-65.
- Aiginger, Karl & Mueller, Dennis C. & Weiss, Christoph, 1998. "Objectives, topics and methods in industrial organization during the nineties: Results from a survey," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 16(6), pages 799-830, November.
- Salmon, Pierre, 1987.
"Decentralisation as an Incentive Scheme,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 24-43, Summer.
- SALMON, Pierre, 1987. "Decentralization as an incentive scheme," Institut des Mathématiques Economiques – Document de travail de l’I.M.E. (1974-1993) 98, Institut des Mathématiques Economiques. LATEC, Laboratoire d'Analyse et des Techniques EConomiques, CNRS, Université de Bourgogne.
- Keith Head & John Ries, 1997. "International Mergers and Welfare under Decentralized Competition Policy," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 30(4), pages 1104-1123, November.
- Damien J. Neven & Lars-Hendrik Röller, 2000. "Scope of Conflict in International Merger Control," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-14, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Oliver Budzinski, 2009.
"An international multilevel competition policy system,"
International Economics and Economic Policy,
Springer, vol. 6(4), pages 367-389, December.
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2007. "An international multilevel competition policy system," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 159, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Oliver Budzinski, 2009. "An International Multilevel Competition Policy System," Working Papers 83/09, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
- Damien J. Neven & Lars-Hendrik R–ller, 2003. "On the Scope of Conflict in International Merger Control," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 3(4), pages 235-249, December.
- Wallace E. Oates, 1999. "An Essay on Fiscal Federalism," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 37(3), pages 1120-1149, September.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Christiansen, Andt, 2005. "Competence Allocation in the EU Competition Policy System as an Interest-Driven Process," Journal of Public Policy, Cambridge University Press, vol. 25(03), pages 313-337, December.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Budzinski Oliver & Kuchinke Björn A., 2012.
"Deal or No Deal? Consensual Arrangements as an Instrument of European Competition Policy,"
Review of Economics,
De Gruyter, vol. 63(3), pages 265-292, December.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Kuchinke, Björn A., 2012. "Deal or no deal? Consensual arrangements as an instrument of European competition policy," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 76, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Oliver Budzinski & Katharina Wacker, 2007.
"The Prohibition Of The Proposed Springer-Prosiebensat.1 Merger: How Much Economics In German Merger Control?,"
Journal of Competition Law and Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 281-306.
- Budzinski, Oliver & Wacker, Katharina, 2007. "The prohibition of the proposed Springer-ProSiebenSat.1-Merger: how much economics in German merger control?," IBES Diskussionsbeiträge 160, University of Duisburg-Essen, Institute of Business and Economic Studie (IBES).
- Oilver Budzinski & Katharina Wacker, 2007. "The Prohibition of the Proposed Springer-ProSiebenSat.1-Merger: How much Economics in German Merger Control?," Marburg Working Papers on Economics 200704, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2017. "Wettbewerbsregeln für das Digitale Zeitalter - Die Ökonomik personalisierter Daten, Verbraucherschutz und die 9. GWB-Novelle," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 108, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
- Oliver Budzinski, 2011.
"The Institutional Framework for Doing Sports Business: Principles of EU Competition Policy in Sports Markets,"
108/11, University of Southern Denmark, Department of Sociology, Environmental and Business Economics.
- Oliver Budzinski, 2011. "The Institutional Framework for Doing Sports Business: Principles of EU Competition Policy in Sports Markets," Working Papers 1103, International Association of Sports Economists;North American Association of Sports Economists.
- Budzinski, Oliver, 2012. "The institutional framework for doing sports business: Principles of EU competition policy in sports markets," Ilmenau Economics Discussion Papers 70, Ilmenau University of Technology, Institute of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordscompetence allocation; economics of federalism; jurisdictional reform.;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-05-27 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2006-05-27 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-LAW-2006-05-27 (Law & Economics)
- NEP-REG-2006-05-27 (Regulation)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mar:volksw:200608. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Bernd Hayo). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vamarde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.