Investment behavior of Canadian Egg Producers: Analyzing the Impacts of Risk Aversion and Variability of Prices and Costs of Production
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Martin, Larry J. & Kruja, Zana & Alexiou, John, 1998. "Prospects For Expanded Egg Production In Western Canada," Final Reports 18147, George Morris Center.
- Sumner, Daniel A. & Matthews, William A. & Thurman, Walter N. & Hayes, Dermot J. & Gow, Harnish & Norwood, Bailey, 2010. "Economic and Market Issues on the Sustainability of Egg Production in the United States: Analysis of Alternative Production Systems," Staff General Research Papers Archive 31542, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- Moawia Alghalith, 2010. "The theory of the firm under multiple uncertainties," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 30(3), pages 2075-2082.
- Martins, M. Belem & Marques, Carlos, 2007. "Methodological aspects of a mathematical programming model to evaluate soil tillage technologies in a risky environment," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 177(1), pages 556-571, February.
- Sandmo, Agnar, 1971. "On the Theory of the Competitive Firm under Price Uncertainty," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 61(1), pages 65-73, March.
- Komarek, Adam M. & MacAulay, T. Gordon, 2013. "Farmer responses to changing risk aversion, enterprise variability and resource endowments," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 0(Issue 3).
- Louis Eeckhoudt & Alban Thomas & Nicolas Treich, 2011.
"Correlated risks and the value of information,"
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 102(1), pages 77-87, January.
- EECKHOUDT, Louis & THOMAS, Alban & TREICH, Nicolas, 2011. "Correlated risks and the value of information," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2358, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- L. Eeckhoudt & A. Thomas & N. Treich, 2011. "Correlated risks and the value of information," Post-Print halshs-00780314, HAL.
- Paolo Sckokai & Daniele Moro, 2006. "Modeling the Reforms of the Common Agricultural Policy for Arable Crops under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 88(1), pages 43-56.
- P. B. R. Hazell, 1971. "A Linear Alternative to Quadratic and Semivariance Programming for Farm Planning under Uncertainty," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 53(1), pages 53-62.
- Harry Markowitz, 1952. "Portfolio Selection," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 7(1), pages 77-91, March.
- Bobtcheff, Catherine & Villeneuve, Stéphane, 2010.
"Technology choice under several uncertainty sources,"
European Journal of Operational Research,
Elsevier, vol. 206(3), pages 586-600, November.
- BOBTCHEFF Catherine & VILLENEUVE Stephane, 2006. "Irreversible Investment in Competitive Projects: A New Motive for Waiting to Invest," LERNA Working Papers 06.20.213, LERNA, University of Toulouse.
- James I. Rude & Jean-Philippe Gervais, 2006. "Tariff-Rate Quota Liberalization: The Case of World Price Uncertainty and Supply Management," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 54(1), pages 33-54, March.
- Adam M. Komarek & T. Gordon MacAulay, 2013. "Farmer responses to changing risk aversion, enterprise variability and resource endowments," Australian Journal of Agricultural and Resource Economics, Australian Agricultural and Resource Economics Society, vol. 57(3), pages 379-398, July.
More about this item
KeywordsEggs production; Risk aversion; Uncertainty; Expected mean-variance model; Prices and cost volatility;
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
- C61 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Optimization Techniques; Programming Models; Dynamic Analysis
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:lvl:creacr:2014-2. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Manuel Paradis). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/calvlca.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.