Fairness norms can explain the emergence of specific cooperation norms in the Battle of the Prisoners Dilemma
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Chan, Kenneth S. & Mestelman, Stuart & Muller, R. Andrew, 2008.
"Voluntary Provision of Public Goods,"
Handbook of Experimental Economics Results,
- Kenneth S. Chan & Stuart Mestelman & R. Andrew Muller, 1998. "Voluntary Provision of Public Goods," McMaster Experimental Economics Laboratory Publications 1998-02, McMaster University.
- Katrin Schmelz, 2010. "E-nstructions: Using Electronic Instructions in Laboratory Experiments," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-047, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Stephan Kroll & Todd Cherry & Jason Shogren, 2007.
"The impact of endowment heterogeneity and origin on contributions in best-shot public good games,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(4), pages 411-428, December.
- Todd L. Cherry & Stephan Kroll & Jason Shogren, 2004. "The Impact of Endowment Heterogeneity and Origin on Contributions in Best-Shot Public Good Games," Working Papers 04-10, Department of Economics, Appalachian State University.
- Lisa V. Bruttel & Werner Güth & Ulrich Kamecke & Vera Popova, 2009. "Voluntary Cooperation Based on Equilibrium Retribution - An Experiment Testing Finite-Horizon Folk Theorems," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-030, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Axel Ockenfels & Gary E. Bolton, 2000. "ERC: A Theory of Equity, Reciprocity, and Competition," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 90(1), pages 166-193, March.
- Lisa Bruttel & Werner Güth & Ulrich Kamecke, 2007. "Time to Defect: Repeated Prisoners' Dilemma Experiments with Uncertain Horizon," Jena Economic Research Papers 2007-098, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Gonzalez, Luis G. & Guth, Werner & Levati, M. Vittoria, 2005. "When does the game end? Public goods experiments with non-definite and non-commonly known time horizons," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 221-226, August.
- Heiko Rauhut & Fabian Winter, 2009. "A sociological perspective on measuring social norms by means of strategy method experiments," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-054, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Urs Fischbacher, 2007. "z-Tree: Zurich toolbox for ready-made economic experiments," Experimental Economics, Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 10(2), pages 171-178, June.
- Luis Miller & Heiko Rauhut & Fabian Winter, 2011. "The emergence of norms from conflicts over just distributions," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-018, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Nikiforakis, Nikos & Noussair, Charles N. & Wilkening, Tom, 2012. "Normative conflict and feuds: The limits of self-enforcement," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 96(9-10), pages 797-807.
- Rabin, Matthew, 1993.
"Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(5), pages 1281-1302, December.
- Matthew Rabin., 1992. "Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics," Economics Working Papers 92-199, University of California at Berkeley.
- M. Rabin, 2001. "Incorporating Fairness into Game Theory and Economics," Levine's Working Paper Archive 511, David K. Levine.
- Fabian Winter & Heiko Rauhut & Dirk Helbing, 2009. "How norms can generate conflict," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-087, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Buckley, Edward & Croson, Rachel, 2006. "Income and wealth heterogeneity in the voluntary provision of linear public goods," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 90(4-5), pages 935-955, May.
- Sonja Vogt & Jeroen Weesie, 2006. "Social support among heterogeneous partners: an experimental test," Journal of Economic Interaction and Coordination, Springer;Society for Economic Science with Heterogeneous Interacting Agents, vol. 1(2), pages 215-232, November.
More about this item
KeywordsSocial norms; normative conflict; Prisoner's Dilemma; coordination; experiment;
- Z13 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics - - - Economic Sociology; Economic Anthropology; Language; Social and Economic Stratification
- C92 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Design of Experiments - - - Laboratory, Group Behavior
- C72 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Game Theory and Bargaining Theory - - - Noncooperative Games
- D31 - Microeconomics - - Distribution - - - Personal Income and Wealth Distribution
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-05-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2013-05-11 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-CDM-2013-05-11 (Collective Decision-Making)
- NEP-EVO-2013-05-11 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2013-05-11 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-GTH-2013-05-11 (Game Theory)
- NEP-HPE-2013-05-11 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-SOC-2013-05-11 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2013-016. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .