Who Starts with Open Source? Institutional Choice of Start-Ups in the German ICT Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Fritsch & Alexandra Schroeter, 2009. "Are More Start-Ups Really Better? Quantity and Quality of New Businesses and Their Effect on Regional Development," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-070, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Harison, Elad & Koski, Heli, 2010. "Applying open innovation in business strategies: Evidence from Finnish software firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 351-359, April.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2008. "Intellectual Property Rights and Ex-Post Transaction Costs: the Case of Open and Closed Source Software," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-047, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Elad Harison & Robin Cowan, 2004. "On substitution of intellectual property and free disclosure: an analysis of R&D strategies in software technologies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 477-487.
- Dahlander, Linus & Wallin, Martin W., 2006. "A man on the inside: Unlocking communities as complementary assets," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1243-1259, October.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2011.
"The interaction of entrepreneurship and institutions,"
Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(1), pages 47-75, March.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2010. "The Interaction of Entrepreneurship and Institutions," Working Paper Series 830, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990.
"A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers,"
Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-294, April.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1988. "A Theory Of Enterpreneurship And Its Application To The Study Of Business Transfers," Working papers 8827, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kristina Nyström, 2008.
"The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data,"
Public Choice, Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data," Ratio Working Papers 114, The Ratio Institute.
- Andrew Burke & Stuart Fraser, 2005. "The Impact of Intellectual Property Rights on Self-Employed Entrepreneurship: an International Analysis," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Henrekson, Magnus, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and Institutions," Working Paper Series 707, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Zoltan Acs & Sameeksha Desai & Jolanda Hessels, 2008. "Entrepreneurship, economic development and institutions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 219-234, October.
More about this item
KeywordsNew business formation; institutions; open source; intellectual property rights; software industry;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2010-08-21 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2010-08-21 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2010-08-21 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2010-08-21 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2010-08-21 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2010-08-21 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2010-08-21 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2010-049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.wiwiss.uni-jena.de/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.