Who Starts with Open Source? Institutional Choice of Start-Ups in the German ICT Sector
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Michael Fritsch & Alexandra Schroeter, 2009. "Are More Start-Ups Really Better? Quantity and Quality of New Businesses and Their Effect on Regional Development," Jena Economic Research Papers 2009-070, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Harison, Elad & Koski, Heli, 2010. "Applying open innovation in business strategies: Evidence from Finnish software firms," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 351-359, April.
- Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2008. "Intellectual Property Rights and Ex-Post Transaction Costs: the Case of Open and Closed Source Software," Jena Economic Research Papers 2008-047, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Elad Harison & Robin Cowan, 2004. "On substitution of intellectual property and free disclosure: an analysis of R&D strategies in software technologies," Economics of Innovation and New Technology, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 13(5), pages 477-487.
- Dahlander, Linus & Wallin, Martin W., 2006. "A man on the inside: Unlocking communities as complementary assets," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(8), pages 1243-1259, October.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2011.
"The interaction of entrepreneurship and institutions,"
Journal of Institutional Economics,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 47-75, March.
- Henrekson, Magnus & Sanandaji, Tino, 2010. "The Interaction of Entrepreneurship and Institutions," Working Paper Series 830, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Holmes, Thomas J & Schmitz, James A, Jr, 1990.
"A Theory of Entrepreneurship and Its Application to the Study of Business Transfers,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(2), pages 265-294, April.
- Holmes, T.J. & Schmitz, J.A., 1988. "A Theory Of Enterpreneurship And Its Application To The Study Of Business Transfers," Working papers 8827, Wisconsin Madison - Social Systems.
- Kristina Nyström, 2008.
"The institutions of economic freedom and entrepreneurship: evidence from panel data,"
Springer, vol. 136(3), pages 269-282, September.
- Nyström, Kristina, 2008. "The Institutions of Economic Freedom and Entrepreneurship: Evidence from Panel Data," Ratio Working Papers 114, The Ratio Institute.
- Andrew Burke & Stuart Fraser, 2005. "The Impact of Intellectual Property Rights on Self-Employed Entrepreneurship: an International Analysis," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2005-13, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Henrekson, Magnus, 2007. "Entrepreneurship and Institutions," Working Paper Series 707, Research Institute of Industrial Economics.
- Zoltan Acs & Sameeksha Desai & Jolanda Hessels, 2008. "Entrepreneurship, economic development and institutions," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 31(3), pages 219-234, October.
More about this item
KeywordsNew business formation; institutions; open source; intellectual property rights; software industry;
- D02 - Microeconomics - - General - - - Institutions: Design, Formation, Operations, and Impact
- L17 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Open Source Products and Markets
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- L86 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Information and Internet Services; Computer Software
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-08-21 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2010-08-21 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2010-08-21 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-EUR-2010-08-21 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-INO-2010-08-21 (Innovation)
- NEP-IPR-2010-08-21 (Intellectual Property Rights)
- NEP-MIC-2010-08-21 (Microeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2010-08-21 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2010-049. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .