Are More Start-Ups Really Better? Quantity and Quality of New Businesses and Their Effect on Regional Development
Download full text from publisher
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Michael Fritsch & Alexandra Schroeter, 2011.
"Does Quality make a Difference? Employment Effects of High- and Low-Quality Start-ups,"
ERSA conference papers
ersa10p1400, European Regional Science Association.
- Michael Fritsch & Alexandra Schroeter, 2011. "Does Quality Make a Difference? Employment Effects of High- and Low-Quality Start-Ups," Jena Economic Research Papers 2011-001, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Michael Fritsch & Alexandra Schroeter, 2011. "Does Quality Make a Difference?: Employment Effects of High- and Low-Quality Start-Ups," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1128, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Bos Jaap W.B. & Stam Erik, 2011. "Gazelles, Industry Growth and Structural Change," Research Memorandum 018, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- Sarah Kösters, 2010. "Subsidizing Start-Ups: Policy Targeting and Policy Effectiveness," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 10(3), pages 199-225, September.
- Kent Eliasson & Hans Westlund, 2013. "Attributes influencing self-employment propensity in urban and rural Sweden," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(2), pages 479-514, April.
- Florian Noseleit, 2013.
"Entrepreneurship, structural change, and economic growth,"
Journal of Evolutionary Economics,
Springer, vol. 23(4), pages 735-766, September.
- Florian Noseleit, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, structural change, and economic growth," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1104, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jan 2011.
- Florian Noseleit, 2011. "Entrepreneurship, Structural Change, and Economic Growth," ERSA conference papers ersa11p427, European Regional Science Association.
- LÃ¡szlÃ³ Szerb & Ã‰va KomlÃ³si & BalÃ¡zs PÃ¡ger, 2016. "Measuring Entrepreneurship and Optimizing Entrepreneurship Policy Efforts in the European Union," ifo DICE Report, ifo Institute - Leibniz Institute for Economic Research at the University of Munich, vol. 14(3), pages 08-23, October.
- Michael Fritsch & Sebastian von Engelhardt, 2010. "Who Starts with Open Source? Institutional Choice of Start-Ups in the German ICT Sector," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-049, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Ioannis Giotopoulos & Alexandra Kontolaimou & Aggelos Tsakanikas, 2017. "Drivers of high-quality entrepreneurship: what changes did the crisis bring about?," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(4), pages 913-930, April.
- repec:ces:ifodic:v:14:y:2016:i:3:p:19255694 is not listed on IDEAS
- Andersson, Martin & Baltzopoulos, Apostolos & Lööf, Hans, 2012.
"R&D strategies and entrepreneurial spawning,"
Elsevier, vol. 41(1), pages 54-68.
- Andersson, Martin & Baltzopoulos, Apostolos & Lööf, Hans, 2010. "R&D Strategies and Entrepreneurial Spawning," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 228, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Jaap W. B. Bos & Erik Stam, 2014. "Gazelles and industry growth: a study of young high-growth firms in The Netherlands," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 23(1), pages 145-169, February.
More about this item
KeywordsEntrepreneurship; new business formation; regional development; entrepreneurship policy;
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-08-22 (All new papers)
- NEP-ENT-2009-08-22 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-GEO-2009-08-22 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-SBM-2009-08-22 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-URE-2009-08-22 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jrp:jrpwrp:2009-070. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Markus Pasche). General contact details of provider: http://www.jenecon.de .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .