Rural to Urban Migration: A District Level Analysis for India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Prabir C. Bhattacharya, 2002. "Rural-to-urban migration in LDCS: a test of two rival models," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 14(7), pages 951-972.
- Stark, Oded, 1984. "Rural-to-Urban Migration in LDCs: A Relative Deprivation Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 475-486, April.
- Ravallion, Martin & Datt, Gaurav, 2002. "Why has economic growth been more pro-poor in some states of India than others?," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(2), pages 381-400, August.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Vijay Korra, 2011. "Short Duration Migration in India: An Appraisal from Census 2001," Working Papers id:3932, eSocialSciences.
- Brinda Viswanathan & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2013.
"Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data,"
2013-080, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Brinda Viswanathan & K S Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data," Working Papers id:5352, eSocialSciences.
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2011.
"Preliminary Evidence On Internal Migration, Remittances, And Teen Schooling In India,"
Contemporary Economic Policy,
Western Economic Association International, vol. 29(2), pages 207-217, April.
- Mueller, Valerie & Shariff, Abusaleh, 2009. "Preliminary evidence on internal migration, remittances, and teen schooling in India:," IFPRI discussion papers 858, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Valerie Mueller & Abusaleh Shariff, 2013. "Preliminary Evidence on Internal Migration, Remittances, and Teen Schooling in India," Working Papers id:5479, eSocialSciences.
- Ram Fishman & Meha Jain & Avinash Kishore, 2013. "Patterns of Migration, Water Scarcity and Caste in Rural Northern Gujarat," Working Papers id:5400, eSocialSciences.
- Kanika Mahajan & Bharat Ramaswami, 2017.
"Caste, Female Labor Supply, and the Gender Wage Gap in India: Boserup Revisited,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 65(2), pages 339-378.
- Kanika, Mahajan & Ramaswami, Bharat, 2015. "Caste, Female Labor Supply and the Gender Wage Gap in India: Boserup Revisited," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 212218, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Rubiana Chamarbagwala, 2010. "Economic liberalization and urban–rural inequality in India: a quantile regression analysis," Empirical Economics, Springer, vol. 39(2), pages 371-394, October.
- Ingrid Dallmann & Katrin Millock, 2013. "Climate Variability and Internal Migration: A Test on Indian Inter-State Migration," Documents de travail du Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne 13045r, Université Panthéon-Sorbonne (Paris 1), Centre d'Economie de la Sorbonne, revised Mar 2016.
- Mahreen Mahmud & Tareena Musaddiq & Farah Said, 2010. "Internal Migration Patterns in Pakistan—The Case for Fiscal Decentralisation," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 49(4), pages 593-607.
- Saikia, Dilip, 2008. "Economic Conditions of the In-Migrant Workers in Kerala: A Case Study in the Trivandrum District," MPRA Paper 28579, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2010.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi & Kaur, Hardeep, 2017. "Determinants of Rural to Urban Migration in Large Agglomerations in India: An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 76484, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mahey, Kavita & Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2016. "Urbanization and Economic Growth in Punjab (India): An Empirical Analysis," MPRA Paper 71325, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kausik Chaudhuri & Susmita Roy, 2009. "Gender gap in educational attainment: evidence from rural India," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(2), pages 215-238.
- Ingrid Dallmann & Katrin Millock, 2016. "Climate Variability and Internal Migration: A Test on Indian Inter-State Migration," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) halshs-00825807, HAL.
- repec:mse:cesdoc:13045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Parida, Jajati Keshari & Mohanty, Sanjay K., 2013. "Role of Remittances on Households’ Expenditure Pattern in India," MPRA Paper 62395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsRural-to-urban migration; Poverty; India; 2001 census; Gender; Population movement; 農村-都市移動; 移住; 貧困; インド; 2001センサス; ジェンダー; 人口移動;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-04-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-CWA-2008-04-15 (Central & Western Asia)
- NEP-DEV-2008-04-15 (Development)
- NEP-GEO-2008-04-15 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-MIG-2008-04-15 (Economics of Human Migration)
- NEP-URE-2008-04-15 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:jet:dpaper:dpaper137. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Minami Tosa). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/idegvjp.html .