Short Duration Migration in India: An Appraisal from Census 2001
This paper tries to focus on the method to assess the magnitude of short/seasonal migration based on its broad characteristics. It attempts to analyse the contrasting characteristics of short duration and permanent migration. The study applies the widely recognised demographic technique of Parity Progression Ratio to measure the magnitude of short duration migrants. [Working Paper No. 442]. URL:[http://www.cds.edu/].
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hrushikesh Mallick, 2008. "Do remittances impact the economy? Some empirical evidences from a developing economy," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 407, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Vijay Korra, 2010. "Nature and Characteristics of Seasonal Labour Migration : A Case Study in Mahabubnagar District of Andhra Pradesh," Working Papers id:3182, eSocialSciences.
- Mitra, Arup & Murayama, Mayumi, 2008. "Rural to Urban Migration: A District Level Analysis for India," IDE Discussion Papers 137, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- S. Irudaya Rajan & Udaya S. Mishra, 2008. "Managing Migration in thePhilippines: Lessons for India," Working Papers id:1346, eSocialSciences.
- K.N. Nair & Antonyto Paul & Vineetha Menon, 2007. "Livelihood risks and coping strategies: A Case study in the agrarian village of Cherumad, Kerala," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 394, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Lipton, Michael, 1980. "Migration from rural areas of poor countries: The impact on rural productivity and income distribution," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-24, January.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:3932. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.