Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brinda Viswanathan & K S Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data," Working Papers id:5352, eSocialSciences.
References listed on IDEAS
- Petia Topalova, 2010.
"Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization: Evidence on Poverty from India,"
American Economic Journal: Applied Economics,
American Economic Association, vol. 2(4), pages 1-41, October.
- Petia Topalova, 2010. "Factor Immobility and Regional Impacts of Trade Liberalization Evidenceon Poverty From India," IMF Working Papers 10/218, International Monetary Fund.
- Des Gasper, 2009. "Human Development," Chapters,in: Handbook of Economics and Ethics, chapter 31 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Priya Deshingkar & Shaheen Akter, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
- Shuaizhang Feng & Michael Oppenheimer & Wolfram Schlenker, 2012. "Climate Change, Crop Yields, and Internal Migration in the United States," NBER Working Papers 17734, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Andrew Dillon & Valerie Mueller & Sheu Salau, 2011.
"Migratory Responses to Agricultural Risk in Northern Nigeria,"
American Journal of Agricultural Economics,
Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 93(4), pages 1048-1061.
- Dillon, Andrew & Mueller, Valerie & Salau, Sheu, 2010. "Migratory responses to agricultural risk in Northern Nigeria," IFPRI discussion papers 1007, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Marchiori, Luca & Maystadt, Jean-François & Schumacher, Ingmar, 2012.
"The impact of weather anomalies on migration in sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 63(3), pages 355-374.
- Luca MARCHIORI & Jean-François MAYSTADT & Ingmar SCHUMACHER, 2011. "The Impact of Weather Anomalies on Migration in sub-Saharan Africa," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2011034, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- Seema Jayachandran, 2006.
"Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 114(3), pages 538-575, June.
- Seema Jayachandran, 2005. "Selling Labor Low: Wage Responses to Productivity Shocks in Developing Countries," UCLA Economics Online Papers 370, UCLA Department of Economics.
- William Joe & Priyajit Samaiyar & U.S. Mishra, 2009. "Migration and urban poverty in India some preliminary observations," Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum Working Papers 414, Centre for Development Studies, Trivendrum, India.
- Sivaramakrishnan, & Kundu, & Singh,, 2007. "Handbook of Urbanization in India," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, edition 2, number 9780195690491.
- repec:mse:cesdoc:13045 is not listed on IDEAS
- Stark, Oded, 1984. "Rural-to-Urban Migration in LDCs: A Relative Deprivation Approach," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 32(3), pages 475-486, April.
- Udaya S. Mishra & William Joe & Priyajit Samaiyar, 2009. "Migration and Urban Poverty in India Some Preliminary Observations," Working Papers id:2287, eSocialSciences.
- Mitra, Arup & Murayama, Mayumi, 2008. "Rural to Urban Migration: A District Level Analysis for India," IDE Discussion Papers 137, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
More about this item
KeywordsWeather Variability; Agricultural Impacts; Internal Migration; Developing Countries; Climate Change; Adaptation;
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
- Q54 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Climate; Natural Disasters and their Management; Global Warming
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2014-02-02 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2014-02-02 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2014-02-02 (Development)
- NEP-MIG-2014-02-02 (Economics of Human Migration)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mad:wpaper:2013-080. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Geetha G). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/mseacin.html .