Migration and Human Development in India
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Deshingkar, Priya & Akter, Shaheen, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," MPRA Paper 19193, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Priya Deshingkar & Shaheen Akter, 2009. "Migration and Human Development in India," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-13, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Apr 2009.
References listed on IDEAS
- Fan, Shenggen & Chan-Kang, Connie & Mukherjee, Anit, 2005. "Rural and urban dynamics and poverty: Evidence from China and India," FCND discussion papers 196, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- M. Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2008.
Journal of Economics,
Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 223-265, April.
- Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2005. "Migration dynamics," Working Papers ubs0507, University of Brescia, Department of Economics.
- Michele Moretto & Sergio Vergalli, 2007. "Migration Dynamics," "Marco Fanno" Working Papers 0053, Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche "Marco Fanno".
- Sergio Vergalli & Michele Moretto, 2005. "Migration Dynamics," Working Papers 2005.108, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Bob Baulch & John Hoddinott, 2000. "Economic mobility and poverty dynamics in developing countries," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(6), pages 1-24.
- Kuntala Lahiri-Dutt, 2006. "Gendered Livelihoods in Small Mines and Quarries in India: Living on the edge," ASARC Working Papers 2006-08, The Australian National University, Australia South Asia Research Centre.
- Priya Deshingkar & Pramod Sharma & Sushil Kumar & Shaheen Akter & John Farrington, 2008. "Circular migration in Madhya Pradesh: changing patterns and social protection needs," The European Journal of Development Research, Taylor and Francis Journals, vol. 20(4), pages 612-628.
- Ben Rogaly & Daniel Coppard & Abdur Safique & Kumar Rana & Amrita Sengupta & Jhuma Biswas, 2002. "Seasonal Migration and Welfare/Illfare in Eastern India: A Social Analysis," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(5), pages 89-114.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:pal:eurjdr:v:30:y:2018:i:2:d:10.1057_s41287-017-0122-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- S. Chandrasekhar & Ajay Sharma, 2012. "On the internal mobility of Indians: Knowledge gaps and emerging concerns," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2012-023, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Brinda Viswanathan & K. S. Kavi Kumar, 2013.
"Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data,"
2013-080, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Brinda Viswanathan & K S Kavi Kumar, 2013. "Rural Migration, Weather and Agriculture: Evidence from Indian Census Data," Working Papers id:5352, eSocialSciences.
- John Bennett & Matthew Gould & Matthew Rablen, 2012. "Risk attitudes and informal employment in a developing economy," IZA Journal of Labor & Development, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-17, December.
- Smriti Rao & Kade Finnoff, 2015. "Marriage Migration and Inequality in India, 1983–2008," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 41(3), pages 485-505, September.
- Nicholas Awuse & Patrick Tandoh-Offin, 2014. "Empirical Analysis of Internal Migration Influence on Development in Ghana From 1990 to 2012," Journal of Social Science Studies, Macrothink Institute, vol. 1(2), pages 1-12, July.
- Kwok Tong Soo, 2014. "Zipf, Gibrat and geography: Evidence from China, India and Brazil," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 93(1), pages 159-181, March.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Nath Bahal, 2012.
"Addressing Long-term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia,"
2012-075, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & Kamal Karunagoda & Enamul Haque & L. Venkatachelam & Girish Bahal, 2013. "Addressing Long - term Challenges to Food Security and Rural Livelihoods in South Asia," Working Papers id:5330, eSocialSciences.
- repec:wsi:ccexxx:v:04:y:2013:i:02:n:s2010007813500073 is not listed on IDEAS
- Kristina A. Schapiro, 2009. "Migration and Educational Outcomes of Children," Human Development Research Papers (2009 to present) HDRP-2009-57, Human Development Report Office (HDRO), United Nations Development Programme (UNDP), revised Oct 2009.
- de Haan, A., 2011. "Inclusive growth?," ISS Working Papers - General Series 22201, International Institute of Social Studies of Erasmus University Rotterdam (ISS), The Hague.
- Amelie Constant & Klaus Zimmermann, 2011. "Circular and Repeat Migration: Counts of Exits and Years Away from the Host Country," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 30(4), pages 495-515, August.
- Jajati Keshari Parida, 2016. "MGNREGS, distress migration and livelihood conditions: a study in Odisha," Journal of Social and Economic Development, Springer;Institute for Social and Economic Change, vol. 18(1), pages 17-39, October.
- repec:taf:oxdevs:v:45:y:2017:i:1:p:64-79 is not listed on IDEAS
- Emily Rains, 2018. "Urbanization and Indiaâ€™s Slum Continuum: Evidence on the Range of Policy Needs and Scope of Mobility," Working Papers id:12633, eSocialSciences.
- Wilson, E. J. & Jayanthakumaran, K. & Verma, R., 2012.
"Demographics, Labor Mobility, and Productivity,"
ADBI Working Papers
387, Asian Development Bank Institute.
- E. J. Wilson & K. Jayanthakumaran & R. Verma, 2012. "Demographics, Labor Mobility, and Productivity," Development Economics Working Papers 23348, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- E. J. Wilson & K. Jayanthakumaran & R. Verma, 2012. "Demographics, Labor Mobility, and Productivity," Labor Economics Working Papers 23348, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- K S Kavi Kumar & Brinda Viswanathan, 2012.
"Weather Variability And Agriculture: Implications For Long And Short-Term Migration In India,"
- K.S. Kavi Kumar & BRINDA VISWANATHAN, 2012. "Weather Variability and Agriculture-Implications for Long and Short-term Migration in India," Working papers 220, Centre for Development Economics, Delhi School of Economics.
- K. S. Kavi Kumar & Brinda Viswanathan, 2013. "Weather and Migration in India: Evidence from NSS Data," Working Papers 2013-079, Madras School of Economics,Chennai,India.
- Parida, Jajati Keshari & Mohanty, Sanjay K., 2013. "Role of Remittances on Households’ Expenditure Pattern in India," MPRA Paper 62395, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsmigration; human development; circular migration; India; South Asia; village surveys; child labour; economic drivers; push-pull factors; livelihood strategies; mobility;
- Z1 - Other Special Topics - - Cultural Economics
- O1 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ess:wpaper:id:7075. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Padma Prakash). General contact details of provider: http://www.esocialsciences.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.