Urbanization and Economic Growth in Punjab (India): An Empirical Analysis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Sabyasachi Tripathi & Kavita Mahey, 2017. "Urbanization and economic growth in Punjab (India): an empirical analysis," Urban Research & Practice, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 379-402, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kalamkar, S.S., 2009. "Urbanisation and Agricultural Growth in India," Indian Journal of Agricultural Economics, Indian Society of Agricultural Economics, vol. 64(3), pages 1-20.
- Sabyasachi Tripathi, 2015. "An Overview of Indiaâ€™s Urbanization, Urban Economic Growth and Urban Equity," International Journal of Economics and Empirical Research (IJEER), The Economics and Social Development Organization (TESDO), vol. 3(3), pages 115-127, March.
- Sabyasachi Tripathi, 2013. "Is Urban Economic Growth Inclusive in India?," Margin: The Journal of Applied Economic Research, National Council of Applied Economic Research, vol. 7(4), pages 507-539, November.
- Ajay Sharma & S. Chandrashekar, 2014.
"Urbanization and Spatial Patterns of Internal Migration in India,"
- S. Chandrasekhar & Ajay Sharma, 2014. "Urbanization and spatial patterns of internal migration in India," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2014-016, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- World Bank, 2004. "India : Investment Climate and Manufacturing Industry," World Bank Other Operational Studies 14378, The World Bank.
- Mitra, Arup & Murayama, Mayumi, 2008. "Rural to Urban Migration: A District Level Analysis for India," IDE Discussion Papers 137, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Henderson, Vernon, 2003. "The Urbanization Process and Economic Growth: The So-What Question," Journal of Economic Growth, Springer, vol. 8(1), pages 47-71, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2018. "Does Higher Economic Development Reduce Household Size? Evidence from India," MPRA Paper 86684, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:taf:rjusxx:v:22:y:2018:i:1:p:123-144 is not listed on IDEAS
- Rani, Chetana & Tripathi, Sabyasachi, 2016. "Determinants of Urbanization in Different Size/Class Distribution of Cities/Towns in India," MPRA Paper 74757, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sabyasachi Tripathi & Chetana Rani, 2018.
"The impact of agricultural activities on urbanization: evidence and implications for India,"
International Journal of Urban Sciences,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(1), pages 123-144, January.
- Tripathi, Sabyasachi & Rani, Chetana, 2017. "The impact of agricultural activities on urbanization: Evidence and implications for India," MPRA Paper 76213, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsUrbanization; Urban Economic Growth; Punjab; India;
- O18 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Urban, Rural, Regional, and Transportation Analysis; Housing; Infrastructure
- R11 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Regional Economic Activity: Growth, Development, Environmental Issues, and Changes
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2016-05-21 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:71325. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .