Necessity Entrepreneurship and Competitive Strategy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joern Block & Karsten Kohn & Danny Miller & Katrin Ullrich, 2015. "Necessity entrepreneurship and competitive strategy," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 37-54, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Paul Reynolds & Niels Bosma & Erkko Autio & Steve Hunt & Natalie De Bono & Isabel Servais & Paloma Lopez-Garcia & Nancy Chin, 2005. "Global Entrepreneurship Monitor: Data Collection Design and Implementation 1998–2003," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 205-231, February.
- Helmut Fryges & Sandra Gottschalk & Karsten Kohn, 2010.
"The KfW/ZEW Start-up Panel: Design and Research Potential,"
Schmollers Jahrbuch : Journal of Applied Social Science Studies / Zeitschrift für Wirtschafts- und Sozialwissenschaften,
Duncker & Humblot, Berlin, vol. 130(1), pages 117-132.
- Fryges, Helmut & Gottschalk, Sandra & Kohn, Karsten, 2009. "The KfW/ZEW start-up panel: design and research potential," ZEW Discussion Papers 09-053, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Fryges, Helmut & Gottschalk, Sandra & Kohn, Karsten, 2009. "The KfW/ZEW Start-up Panel: Design and Research Potential," IZA Discussion Papers 4441, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Jacques Silber & Michal Weber, 1999. "Labour market discrimination: are there significant differences between the various decomposition procedures?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 31(3), pages 359-365.
- Michael S. Dahl & Olav Sorenson, 2012. "Home Sweet Home: Entrepreneurs' Location Choices and the Performance of Their Ventures," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 58(6), pages 1059-1071, June.
- Zoltán Ács & Attila Varga, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 323-334, February.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Attila Varga, 2004. "Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-06, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Gohmann, Stephan F. & Fernandez, Jose M., 2014. "Proprietorship and unemployment in the United States," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 289-309.
- Joern Block & Philipp Koellinger, 2009.
"I Can't Get No Satisfaction-Necessity Entrepreneurship and Procedural Utility,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 62(2), pages 191-209, April.
- Joern Block & Philipp Koellinger, 2008. "I can't get no Satisfaction - Necessity Entrepreneurship and Procedural Utility," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 08-078/3, Tinbergen Institute.
- Block, J.H. & Koellinger, Ph.D., 2008. "I Can’t Get No Satisfaction - Necessity Entrepreneurship and Procedural Utility," ERIM Report Series Research in Management ERS-2008-051-ORG, Erasmus Research Institute of Management (ERIM), ERIM is the joint research institute of the Rotterdam School of Management, Erasmus University and the Erasmus School of Economics (ESE) at Erasmus University Rotterdam.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data,"
Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade,
Springer, vol. 9(2), pages 117-137, June.
- Block, Jörn H. & Sandner, Philipp G., 2007. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 2082, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Jörn Block & Philipp Sandner, 2009. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs and Their Duration in Self-employment: Evidence from German Micro Data," SOEPpapers on Multidisciplinary Panel Data Research 191, DIW Berlin, The German Socio-Economic Panel (SOEP).
- Covin, Jeffrey G. & Slevin, Dennis P., 1990. "New venture strategic posture, structure, and performance: An industry life cycle analysis," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 5(2), pages 123-135, March.
- Fairlie, Robert W, 1999.
"The Absence of the African-American Owned Business: An Analysis of the Dynamics of Self-Employment,"
Journal of Labor Economics,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 17(1), pages 80-108, January.
- Fairlie, Robert, 2014. "The Absence of the African-American Owned Business: An Analysis of the Dynamics of Self-Employment," Santa Cruz Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt49c4n0fg, Department of Economics, UC Santa Cruz.
- Joern H. Block & Marcus Wagner, 2010.
"Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earning s Differentials,"
Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr),
LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 62(2), pages 154-174, April.
- Block, Joern & Wagner, Marcus, 2006. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earnings Differentials," MPRA Paper 610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Oaxaca, Ronald, 1973.
"Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets,"
International Economic Review,
Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 14(3), pages 693-709, October.
- Ronald L Oaxaca, 1971. "Male-Female Wage Differentials in Urban Labor Markets," Working Papers 396, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Constance E. Helfat & Marvin B. Lieberman, 2002. "The birth of capabilities: market entry and the importance of pre-history," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(4), pages 725-760, August.
- Thomas Bauer & Mathias Sinning, 2008.
"An extension of the Blinder–Oaxaca decomposition to nonlinear models,"
AStA Advances in Statistical Analysis,
Springer;German Statistical Society, vol. 92(2), pages 197-206, May.
- Bauer, Thomas K. & Sinning, Mathias, 2006. "An Extension of the Blinder-Oaxaca Decomposition to Non-Linear Models," RWI Discussion Papers 49, RWI - Leibniz-Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung.
- Heiko Bergmann & Rolf Sternberg, 2007. "The Changing Face of Entrepreneurship in Germany," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 28(2), pages 205-221, March.
- Alan S. Blinder, 1973. "Wage Discrimination: Reduced Form and Structural Estimates," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 8(4), pages 436-455.
- Ostgaard, Tone A. & Birley, Sue, 1994. "Personal networks and firm competitive strategy--A strategic or coincidental match?," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 9(4), pages 281-305, July.
- Poh Wong & Yuen Ho & Erkko Autio, 2005. "Entrepreneurship, Innovation and Economic Growth: Evidence from GEM data," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 335-350, January.
- Oaxaca, Ronald L. & Ransom, Michael R., 1994. "On discrimination and the decomposition of wage differentials," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 61(1), pages 5-21, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Krieger, Alexander & Block, Joern & Stuetzer, Michael, 2018. "Skill variety in entrepreneurship: A literature review and research directions," MPRA Paper 88389, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- David B. Audretsch & Erik E. Lehmann & Matthias Menter, 2016. "Public cluster policy and new venture creation," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 43(4), pages 357-381, December.
- Peter Zwan & Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Jolanda Hessels, 2016.
"Factors influencing the entrepreneurial engagement of opportunity and necessity entrepreneurs,"
Eurasian Business Review,
Springer;Eurasia Business and Economics Society, vol. 6(3), pages 273-295, December.
- Roy Thurik & Ingrid Verheul & Jolanda Hessels & Peter van der Zwan, 2010. "Factors Influencing the Entrepreneurial Engagement of Opportunity and Necessity Entrepreneurs," Scales Research Reports H201011, EIM Business and Policy Research.
- Monica C. Diochon & Alistair R. Anderson & Yogesh Ghore, 2017.
"Microfranchise emergence and its impact on entrepreneurship,"
International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal,
Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 553-574, June.
- Monica C. Diochon & Alistair R. Anderson & Yogesh Ghore, 0. "Microfranchise emergence and its impact on entrepreneurship," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-22.
- Coduras, Alicia & Saiz-Alvarez, José Manuel & Ruiz, Jesús, 2016. "Measuring Readiness for Entrepreneurship: An Information Tool Proposal," MPRA Paper 86603, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:kap:sbusec:v:49:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s11187-017-9857-7 is not listed on IDEAS
- David Urbano & Sebastian Aparicio & Victor Querol, 2016. "Social progress orientation and innovative entrepreneurship: an international analysis," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 26(5), pages 1033-1066, December.
- repec:spr:joevec:v:28:y:2018:i:1:d:10.1007_s00191-017-0499-3 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jörn H. Block & Andreas Landgraf, 2016. "Transition from part-time entrepreneurship to full-time entrepreneurship: the role of financial and non-financial motives," International Entrepreneurship and Management Journal, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 259-282, March.
- Jacob Hörisch & Jana Kollat & Steven A. Brieger, 2017. "What influences environmental entrepreneurship? A multilevel analysis of the determinants of entrepreneurs’ environmental orientation," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 48(1), pages 47-69, January.
- Angulo-Guerrero, María J. & Pérez-Moreno, Salvador & Abad-Guerrero, Isabel M., 2017. "How economic freedom affects opportunity and necessity entrepreneurship in the OECD countries," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 73(C), pages 30-37.
- repec:eee:jbvent:v:33:y:2018:i:3:p:241-260 is not listed on IDEAS
- Maria Abreu & Pelin Demirel & Vadim Grinevich & Mine Karataş-Özkan, 2016. "Entrepreneurial practices in research-intensive and teaching-led universities," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 47(3), pages 695-717, October.
- Nongainéba Benjamin Zoumba, 2017.
"Necessity and Opportunity motivations to Entrepreneurs behaviors
[Motivos de necesidad y oportunidad para el comportamiento de los empresarios]," Post-Print hal-01536124, HAL.
- repec:gam:jsusta:v:10:y:2018:i:8:p:2594-:d:159651 is not listed on IDEAS
- Nabil Abou Lebdi & Katrin Hussinger, 2016. "Startup Innovation during the Past Economic Crisis," CREA Discussion Paper Series 16-27, Center for Research in Economic Analysis, University of Luxembourg.
More about this item
Keywordscompetitive strategy; new venture strategy; necessity entrepreneurship; product differentiation; decomposition analysis; cost leadership;
- L10 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - General
- L26 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Entrepreneurship
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2014-06-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2014-06-07 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-ENT-2014-06-07 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-PPM-2014-06-07 (Project, Program & Portfolio Management)
- NEP-SBM-2014-06-07 (Small Business Management)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp8219. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.