Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earning s Differentials
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Block, Joern & Wagner, Marcus, 2006. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earnings Differentials," MPRA Paper 610, University Library of Munich, Germany.
References listed on IDEAS
- Devine, T. J. & Kiefer, N. M., 1995.
"The empirical status of job search theory,"
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 101-101, March.
- Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G, 1998. "Education, Employment Status and Earnings: A Comparative Test of the Strong Screening Hypothesis," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(5), pages 586-591, November.
- Strauch, Rolf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2000.
"East Germany: Transition With Unification - Experiments and Experiences,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Strauch, Rolf R. & Wolff, Guntram B., 2002. "East Germany: Transition with Unification ; Experiments and Experiences," ZEI Working Papers B 19-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Matthias Benz & Bruno S. Frey, 2008.
"Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(298), pages 362-383, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz, "undated". "Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy," IEW - Working Papers 135, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz, 2003. "Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy," CESifo Working Paper Series 959, CESifo Group Munich.
- Reize, Frank, 2000. "Leaving unemployment for self-employment: a discrete duration analysis of determinants and stability of self-employment among former unemployed," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-26, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wagner, Joachim & Sternberg, Rolf, 2002. "Personal and Regional Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activities: Empirical Evidence from the REM Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 624, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2005. "Nascent Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany. Evidence from the Regional Entrepreneurship Monitor (REM)," Labor and Demography 0506004, EconWPA.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632, March.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130, March.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000.
"Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Niefert, Michaela & Tchouvakhina, Margarita, 2005. "Gründungen aus der Arbeitslosigkeit: Besondere Merkmale und Unterschiede zu anderen Gründungen," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110496.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
- Zoltán Ács & Attila Varga, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 323-334, February.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Attila Varga, 2004. "Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-06, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- van der Sluis, Justin & van Praag, Mirjam C. & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen, 2007. "Why Are the Returns to Education Higher for Entrepreneurs than for Employees?," IZA Discussion Papers 3058, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
More about this item
KeywordsEarnings Equation; Necessity Entrepreneurship; Opportunity Discovery; Opportunity Entrepreneurship; Opportunity Exploitation.;
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- M13 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Business Administration - - - New Firms; Startups
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sbr:abstra:v:62:y:2010:i:2:p:154-174. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (sbr). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fbmunde.html .