Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earnings Differentials
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Joern H. Block & Marcus Wagner, 2010. "Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany: Characteristics and Earning s Differentials," Schmalenbach Business Review (sbr), LMU Munich School of Management, vol. 62(2), pages 154-174, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Devine, T. J. & Kiefer, N. M., 1995.
"The empirical status of job search theory,"
Elsevier, vol. 2(1), pages 101-101, March.
- Zoltán Ács & Attila Varga, 2005.
"Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change,"
Small Business Economics,
Springer, vol. 24(3), pages 323-334, February.
- Zoltan J. Acs & Attila Varga, 2004. "Entrepreneurship, Agglomeration and Technological Change," Papers on Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy 2004-06, Max Planck Institute of Economics, Entrepreneurship, Growth and Public Policy Group.
- Justin van der Sluis & Mirjam van Praag & Wim Vijverberg, 2003. "Entrepreneurship Selection and Performance," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 03-046/3, Tinbergen Institute, revised 24 Sep 2004.
- Brown, Sarah & Sessions, John G, 1998. "Education, Employment Status and Earnings: A Comparative Test of the Strong Screening Hypothesis," Scottish Journal of Political Economy, Scottish Economic Society, vol. 45(5), pages 586-591, November.
- Strauch, Rolf & von Hagen, Jürgen, 2000.
"East Germany: Transition With Unification - Experiments and Experiences,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
2386, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- von Hagen, Jürgen & Strauch, Rolf R. & Wolff, Guntram B., 2002. "East Germany: Transition with Unification ; Experiments and Experiences," ZEI Working Papers B 19-2002, University of Bonn, ZEI - Center for European Integration Studies.
- Matthias Benz & Bruno S. Frey, 2008.
"Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 75(298), pages 362-383, May.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz, "undated". "Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy," IEW - Working Papers 135, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Bruno S. Frey & Matthias Benz, 2003. "Being Independent is a Great Thing: Subjective Evaluations of Self-Employment and Hierarchy," CESifo Working Paper Series 959, CESifo Group Munich.
- Reize, Frank, 2000. "Leaving unemployment for self-employment: a discrete duration analysis of determinants and stability of self-employment among former unemployed," ZEW Discussion Papers 00-26, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Wagner, Joachim & Sternberg, Rolf, 2002. "Personal and Regional Determinants of Entrepreneurial Activities: Empirical Evidence from the REM Germany," IZA Discussion Papers 624, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Evans, David S & Leighton, Linda S, 1989. "Some Empirical Aspects of Entrepreneurship," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 79(3), pages 519-535, June.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 2000.
"Business start-ups by the unemployed -- an econometric analysis based on firm data,"
Elsevier, vol. 7(5), pages 629-663, September.
- Pfeiffer, Friedhelm & Reize, Frank, 1998. "Business Start-ups by the Unemployed - an Econometric Analysis Based on Firm Data," ZEW Discussion Papers 98-38, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- van der Sluis, Justin & van Praag, Mirjam C. & van Witteloostuijn, Arjen, 2007. "Why Are the Returns to Education Higher for Entrepreneurs than for Employees?," IZA Discussion Papers 3058, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Joachim Wagner, 2005. "Nascent Necessity and Opportunity Entrepreneurs in Germany. Evidence from the Regional Entrepreneurship Monitor (REM)," Labor and Demography 0506004, EconWPA.
- Parker,Simon C., 2006.
"The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship,"
Cambridge University Press, number 9780521030632.
- Parker,Simon C., 2004. "The Economics of Self-Employment and Entrepreneurship," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521828130.
- Niefert, Michaela & Tchouvakhina, Margarita, 2005. "Gründungen aus der Arbeitslosigkeit: Besondere Merkmale und Unterschiede zu anderen Gründungen," ZEW Expertises, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research, number 110496.
- Barton H. Hamilton, 2000. "Does Entrepreneurship Pay? An Empirical Analysis of the Returns to Self-Employment," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 108(3), pages 604-631, June.
More about this item
Keywordsopportunity entrepreneurship; necessity entrepreneurship; earnings equation; wage equation; entrepreneurship; Germany; GSOEP;
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2006-11-12 (All new papers)
- NEP-BEC-2006-11-12 (Business Economics)
- NEP-ENT-2006-11-12 (Entrepreneurship)
- NEP-LAB-2006-11-12 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:610. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .