Do House Prices Affect Consumption? A Re-assessment of the Wealth Hypothesis
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Annalisa Cristini & Almudena Sevilla, 2014. "Do House Prices Affect Consumption? A Re-assessment of the Wealth Hypothesis," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 81(324), pages 601-625, October.
References listed on IDEAS
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Alexander Michaelides & Kalin Nikolov, 2011.
"Winners and Losers in Housing Markets,"
Journal of Money, Credit and Banking,
Blackwell Publishing, vol. 43, pages 255-296, March.
- Nobuhiro Kiyotaki & Alexander Michaelides & Kalin Nikolov, 2007. " Winners and Losers in Housing Markets," CDMA Conference Paper Series 0705, Centre for Dynamic Macroeconomic Analysis.
- Kiyotaki, Nobuhiro & Michaelides, Alexander & Nikolov, Kalin, 2010. "Winners and Losers in Housing Markets," CEPR Discussion Papers 7953, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sydney Ludvigson & Christina H. Paxson, 2001.
"Approximation Bias In Linearized Euler Equations,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 83(2), pages 242-256, May.
- Sydney Ludvigson & Christina H. Paxson, 1997. "Approximation bias in linearized Euler equations," Research Paper 9712, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Sydney Ludvigson & Christina H. Paxson, 1999. "Approximation Bias in Linearized Euler Equations," NBER Technical Working Papers 0236, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Riccardo De Bonis & Andrea Silvestrini, 2012.
"The effects of financial and real wealth on consumption: new evidence from OECD countries,"
Applied Financial Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 22(5), pages 409-425, March.
- Riccardo De Bonis & Andrea Silvestrini, 2010. "The Effects of Financial and Real Wealth on Consumption: New Evidence from OECD Countries," Mo.Fi.R. Working Papers 38, Money and Finance Research group (Mo.Fi.R.) - Univ. Politecnica Marche - Dept. Economic and Social Sciences.
- Riccardo De Bonis & Andrea Silvestrini, 2011. "The effects of financial and real wealth on consumption: new evidence from OECD countries," Temi di discussione (Economic working papers) 837, Bank of Italy, Economic Research and International Relations Area.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & José Luengo-Prado, María & Sørensen, Bent E., 2010.
"House prices and risk sharing,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 975-987, November.
- Maria Jose Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sorensen & Dmytro Hryshko, 2009. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," 2009 Meeting Papers 234, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Dmytro Hryshko & María José Luengo-Prado. & Bent E. Sørensen, 2009. "House prices and risk sharing," New England Public Policy Center Working Paper 09-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Dmytro Hryshko & María José Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sørensen, 2010. "House prices and risk sharing," Working Papers 2010-17, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria & Sorensen, Bent, 2010. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," Working Papers 2010-16, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria Jose & Sørensen, Bent E, 2010. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," CEPR Discussion Papers 7894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood & Andrew Henley, 2010. "House Price Shocks, Negative Equity, and Household Consumption in the United Kingdom," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1179-1207, December.
- Orazio P. Attanasio & Laura Blow & Robert Hamilton & Andrew Leicester, 2009.
"Booms and Busts: Consumption, House Prices and Expectations,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 76(301), pages 20-50, February.
- Orazio Attanasio & Laura Blow & Robert Hamilton & Andrew Leicester, 2005. "Booms and busts: consumption, house prices and expectations," IFS Working Papers W05/24, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Søren Leth-Petersen, 2010. "Intertemporal Consumption and Credit Constraints: Does Total Expenditure Respond to an Exogenous Shock to Credit?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 100(3), pages 1080-1103, June.
- Browning, Martin & Deaton, Angus & Irish, Margaret, 1985. "A Profitable Approach to Labor Supply and Commodity Demands over the Life-Cycle," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(3), pages 503-543, May.
- Ludwig, Alexander & Sløk, Torsten, 2004.
"The relationship between stock prices, house prices and consumption in OECD,"
Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications
04-12, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Ludwig, Alexander & Slok, Torsten, 2004. "The relationship between stock prices, house prices and consumption in OECD," Papers 04-12, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Martin Browning & Mette Gørtz & Søren Leth‐Petersen, 2013. "Housing Wealth and Consumption: A Micro Panel Study," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 401-428, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Gustafsson, Peter & Stockhammar, Pär & Österholm, Pär, 2016.
"Macroeconomic effects of a decline in housing prices in Sweden,"
Journal of Policy Modeling,
Elsevier, vol. 38(2), pages 242-255.
- Gustafsson, Peter & Stockhammar, Pär & Österholm, Pär, 2015. "Macroeconomic Effects of a Decline in Housing Prices in Sweden," Working Papers 138, National Institute of Economic Research.
- Hori, Masahiro & Niizeki, Takeshi, 2017. "Housing Wealth Effects in Japan: Evidence Based on Household Micro Data," HIT-REFINED Working Paper Series 69, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
More about this item
Keywordswealth hypothesis; house prices; consumption; common factor hypothesis;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-09-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2013-09-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-URE-2013-09-06 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp7576. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .