Do House Prices Affect Consumption? A Comparison Exercise
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Orazio Attanasio & Andrew Leicester & Matthew Wakefield, 2011. "Do House Prices Drive Consumption Growth? The Coincident Cycles Of House Prices And Consumption In The Uk," Journal of the European Economic Association, European Economic Association, vol. 9(3), pages 399-435, June.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & José Luengo-Prado, María & Sørensen, Bent E., 2010.
"House prices and risk sharing,"
Journal of Monetary Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 57(8), pages 975-987, November.
- Maria Jose Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sorensen & Dmytro Hryshko, 2009. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," 2009 Meeting Papers 234, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria Jose & Sørensen, Bent E, 2010. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," CEPR Discussion Papers 7894, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dmytro Hryshko & María José Luengo-Prado & Bent E. Sørensen, 2010. "House prices and risk sharing," Working Papers 2010-17, Instituto Madrileño de Estudios Avanzados (IMDEA) Ciencias Sociales.
- Dmytro Hryshko & María José Luengo-Prado. & Bent E. Sørensen, 2009. "House prices and risk sharing," New England Public Policy Center Working Paper 09-3, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston.
- Hryshko, Dmytro & Luengo-Prado, Maria & Sorensen, Bent, 2010. "House Prices and Risk Sharing," Working Papers 2010-16, University of Alberta, Department of Economics.
- Slacalek Jiri, 2009.
"What Drives Personal Consumption? The Role of Housing and Financial Wealth,"
The B.E. Journal of Macroeconomics,
De Gruyter, vol. 9(1), pages 1-37, October.
- Jiri Slacalek, 2006. "What Drives Personal Consumption?: The Role of Housing and Financial Wealth," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 647, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Slacalek, Jiri, 2009. "What Drives Personal Consumption? The Role of Housing and Financial Wealth," Working Paper Series 1117, European Central Bank.
- Orazio Attanasio & Laura Blow & Robert Hamilton & Andrew Leicester, 2005. "Consumption, house prices and expectations," Bank of England working papers 271, Bank of England.
- Deaton, Angus, 1985. "Panel data from time series of cross-sections," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 30(1-2), pages 109-126.
- Richard Disney & John Gathergood & Andrew Henley, 2010. "House Price Shocks, Negative Equity, and Household Consumption in the United Kingdom," Journal of the European Economic Association, MIT Press, vol. 8(6), pages 1179-1207, December.
- Martin Browning & Mette Gørtz & Søren Leth‐Petersen, 2013. "Housing Wealth and Consumption: A Micro Panel Study," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 0, pages 401-428, May.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- House prices and consumption: how model specification matters
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2012-01-31 20:50:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Luc Arrondel & Pierre Lamarche & Frédérique Savignac, 2014.
"Consommation et patrimoine des ménages : au‑delà du débat macroéconomique…,"
Économie et Statistique,
Programme National Persée, vol. 472(1), pages 21-48.
- Luc Arrondel & Pierre Lamarche & Frédérique Savignac, 2014. "Consommation et patrimoine des ménages : au-delà du débat macroéconomique…," PSE - Labex "OSE-Ouvrir la Science Economique" halshs-01109031, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsConsumption; House prices; Wealth hypothesis; Common factor hypothesis;
- D13 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Household Production and Intrahouse Allocation
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-URE-2012-01-18 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxf:wpaper:589. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Pouliquen). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/sfeixuk.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.