Do House Prices Drive Consumption Growth? The Coincident Cycles Of House Prices And Consumption In The Uk
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Piazzesi, M. & Schneider, M., 2016. "Housing and Macroeconomics," Handbook of Macroeconomics, Elsevier.
- repec:bis:bisbps:95 is not listed on IDEAS
- Surico, Paolo & Trezzi, Riccardo, 2015.
"Consumer Spending and Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from a Housing Tax Experiment,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2015-57, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 20 Jan 2016.
- Surico, P. & Trezzi, R., 2016. "Consumer Spending and Fiscal Consolidation: Evidence from a Housing Tax Experiment," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1648, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Surico, Paolo & Trezzi, Riccardo, 2016. "Consumer spending and fiscal consolidation: evidence from a housing tax experiment," CEPR Discussion Papers 11735, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vittorio Peretti & Rangan Gupta & Roula Inglesi-Lotz, 2012. "Do House Prices Impact Consumption and Interest Rate in South Africa? Evidence from a Time-Varying Vector Autoregressive Model," Working Papers 201216, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Stijn Claessens & M Ayhan Kose, 2017.
"Asset prices and macroeconomic outcomes: a survey,"
BIS Working Papers
676, Bank for International Settlements.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2017. "Asset prices and macroeconomic outcomes: A survey," CAMA Working Papers 2017-76, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2017. "Asset Prices and Macroeconomic Outcomes: A Survey," Koç University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum Working Papers 1718, Koc University-TUSIAD Economic Research Forum.
- Claessens,Stijn & Kose,Ayhan, 2017. "Asset prices and macroeconomic outcomes : a survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 8259, The World Bank.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan, 2017. "Asset Prices and Macroeconomic Outcomes: A Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 12460, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kadir Atalay & Stephen Whelan & Judith Yates, 2016. "House Prices, Wealth and Consumption: New Evidence from Australia and Canada," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 62(1), pages 69-91, March.
- Mariacristina De Nardi & Eric French & John Bailey Jones, 2016.
"Savings After Retirement: A Survey,"
Annual Review of Economics,
Annual Reviews, vol. 8(1), pages 177-204, October.
- Cloyne, James & Surico, Paolo, 2013.
"Household Debt and the Dynamic Effects of Income Tax Changes,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
9649, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Cloyne, James & Surico, Paolo, 2014. "Household debt and the dynamic effects of income tax changes," Bank of England working papers 491, Bank of England.
- Renata Bottazzi & Serena Trucchi & Matthew Wakefield, 2013.
"Wealth effects and the consumption of Italian households in the Great Recession,"
IFS Working Papers
W13/21, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- R. Bottazzi & S. Trucchi & M. Wakefield, 2017. "Wealth Effects and the Consumption of Italian Households in the Great Recession," Working Papers wp1097, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Homburg, Stefan, 2017. "A Study in Monetary Macroeconomics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198807537.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Senaj, Matus, 2012.
"Human Capital, Consumption, and Housing Wealth in Transition,"
Annual Conference 2012 (Goettingen): New Approaches and Challenges for the Labor Market of the 21st Century
62058, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Matus Senaj, 2012. "Human Capital, Consumption, and Housing Wealth in Transition," Working and Discussion Papers WP 2/2012, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Fabian Lindner, 2013.
"The Housing Wealth Effect on Consumption Reconsidered,"
IMK Working Paper
115-2013, IMK at the Hans Boeckler Foundation, Macroeconomic Policy Institute.
- Lindner, Fabian, 2014. "The housing wealth effect on consumption reconsidered," Economics Discussion Papers 2014-15, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Bottazzi, Renata & Trucchi, Serena & Wakefield, Matthew, 2017. "Consumption responses to a large shock to financial wealth: evidence from Italy," Economics Discussion Papers 20188, University of Essex, Department of Economics.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2013.
"The Impact of House Prices on Consumption in South Africa: Evidence from Provincial-Level Panel VARs,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(8), pages 1133-1154, November.
- Beatrice D. Simo-Kengne & Rangan Gupta & Manoel Bittencourt, 2012. "THE IMPACT OF HOUSE PRICES ON CONSUMPTION IN SOUTH AFRICA: EVIDENCE FROM PROVINCIAL-LEVEL PANEL VARs," Working Papers 201211, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Gathergood, John, 2012. "How do consumers respond to house price declines?," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 115(2), pages 279-281.
- Agnes Kovacs & May Rostom & Philip Bunn, 2018. "Consumption Response to Aggregate Shocks and the Role of Leverage," Discussion Papers 1820, Centre for Macroeconomics (CFM).
- repec:kap:jfamec:v:38:y:2017:i:4:d:10.1007_s10834-017-9532-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Antonakakis, Nikolaos & Chatziantoniou, Ioannis & Floros, Christos, 2015. "Dynamic Connectedness of UK Regional Property Prices," MPRA Paper 68421, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nikolai Roussanov & Michael Michaux & Hui Chen, 2011.
"Houses as ATMs? Mortgage Refinancing and Macroeconomic Uncertainty,"
2011 Meeting Papers
1369, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Hui Chen & Michael Michaux & Nikolai Roussanov, 2013. "Houses as ATMs? Mortgage Refinancing and Macroeconomic Uncertainty," NBER Working Papers 19421, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orazio Attanasio & Renata Bottazzi & Hamish Low & Lars Nesheim & Matthew Wakefield, 2012.
"Modelling the Demand for Housing over the Lifecycle,"
Review of Economic Dynamics,
Elsevier for the Society for Economic Dynamics, vol. 15(1), pages 1-18, January.
- Orazio Attanasio & Renata Bottazzi & Hamish Low & Lars Nesheim & Matthew Wakefield, 2011. "Code and data files for "Modelling the Demand for Housing over the Lifecycle"," Computer Codes 10-53, Review of Economic Dynamics.
- John Muellbauer, 2012.
"When is a Housing Market Overheated Enough to Threaten Stability?,"
RBA Annual Conference Volume,in: Alexandra Heath & Frank Packer & Callan Windsor (ed.), Property Markets and Financial Stability
Reserve Bank of Australia.
- John Muellbauer, 2012. "When is a housing market overheated enough to threaten stability?," Economics Series Working Papers 623, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Goodness C. Aye & Rangan Gupta & Alain Kaninda & Wendy Nyakabawo & Aarifah Razak, 2013. "House Price, Stock Price and Consumption in South Africa: A Structural VAR Approach," Working Papers 201309, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2013.
"Wealth, Credit Conditions, and Consumption: Evidence from South Africa,"
Review of Income and Wealth,
International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 59, pages 161-196, October.
- Janine Aron & John Muellbauer, 2011. "Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption: Evidence from South Africa," Economics Series Working Papers 580, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Aron, Janine & Muellbauer, John, 2012. "Wealth, Credit Conditions and Consumption: Evidence from South Africa," CEPR Discussion Papers 8800, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hao Meng & Hai-Chuan Xu & Wei-Xing Zhou & Didier Sornette, 2014. "Symmetric thermal optimal path and time-dependent lead-lag relationship: Novel statistical tests and application to UK and US real-estate and monetary policies," Papers 1408.5618, arXiv.org, revised Feb 2018.
- Almudena Sevilla Sanz & Annalisa Cristini, 2011. "Do House Prices Affect Consumption? A Comparison Exercise," Economics Series Working Papers 589, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jeurec:v:9:y:2011:i:3:p:399-435. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/eeaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.