State Dependence in Unemployment Incidence: Evidence for British Men Revisited
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Arulampalam, W., 1998. "A Note on Estimated Coefficients in Random Effects Probit Models," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 520, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.
- Clark, Andrew E & Oswald, Andrew J, 1994. "Unhappiness and Unemployment," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 648-659, May.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics,in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318 Elsevier.
- Arulampalam, Wiji, 2001.
"Is Unemployment Really Scarring? Effects of Unemployment Experiences on Wages,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 111(475), pages 585-606, November.
- Arulampalam, Wiji, 2000. "Is Unemployment Really Scarring? Effects of Unemployment Experiences on Wages," IZA Discussion Papers 189, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L & Taylor, Mark P, 2000. "Unemployment Persistence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 24-50, January.
- Flaig, Gebhard & Licht, Georg & Steiner, Viktor, 1993. "Testing for state dependence effects in a dynamic model of male unemployment behaviour," ZEW Discussion Papers 93-07, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Verho, Jouko, 2017. "Economic crises and unemployment persistence: Analysis of job losses during the Finnish 1990s recession," Working Papers 99, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Martina Lawless, 2009.
"Firm export participation: entry, spillovers and tradability,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(5), pages 665-675.
- Lawless, Martina, 2005. "Firm Export Participation: Entry, Spillovers and Tradability," MPRA Paper 10005, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Lawless, Martina, 2005. "Firm Export Participation: Entry, Spillovers and Tradability," Research Technical Papers 6/RT/05, Central Bank of Ireland.
- Paul Frijters & Maarten Lindeboom & Gerard van den Berg, 2000.
"Persistencies in the Labour Market,"
School of Economics and Finance Discussion Papers and Working Papers Series
087a, School of Economics and Finance, Queensland University of Technology.
- Paul Frijters, 2000. "Persistencies in the Labor Market," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1303, Econometric Society.
- Frijters, Paul & Lindeboom, Maarten & van den Berg, Gerard J., 2009. "Persistencies in the Labour Market," IZA Discussion Papers 4025, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Amynah Gangji & Robert Plasman, 2008.
"Microeconomic analysis of unemployment persistence in Belgium,"
International Journal of Manpower,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 29(3), pages 280-298, June.
- Amynah Vanessa Gangji & Robert Plasman, 2007. "Microeconomic analysis of unemployment persistence in Belgium," DULBEA Working Papers 07-20.RS, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Gartell, Marie, 2009. "Unemployment and subsequent earnings for Swedish college graduates: a study of scarring effects," Working Paper Series 2009:10, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Nordström Skans, Oskar, 2004. "Scarring effects of the first labour market experience: A sibling based analysis," Working Paper Series 2004:14, IFAU - Institute for Evaluation of Labour Market and Education Policy.
- Mark P. Taylor, 2007.
"Tied Migration and Subsequent Employment: Evidence from Couples in Britain,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 69(6), pages 795-818, December.
- Taylor, Mark P., 2006. "Tied migration and subsequent employment: evidence from couples in Britain," ISER Working Paper Series 2006-05, Institute for Social and Economic Research.
More about this item
Keywordsstate dependence; unemployment; dynamic binary panel models; unobserved heterogeneity; initial conditions;
- C15 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - Statistical Simulation Methods: General
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2002-12-02 (All new papers)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp630. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .