Scarring Effects of the First Labor Market Experience
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Clark, Andrew E & Georgellis, Yannis & Sanfey, Peter, 2001.
"Scarring: The Psychological Impact of Past Unemployment,"
London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 68(270), pages 221-241, May.
- Andrew Clark & Yannis Georgellis & Peter Sanfey, 1999. "Scarring: The Psychological Impact of Past Unemployment," Studies in Economics 9903, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Jacobson, Louis S & LaLonde, Robert J & Sullivan, Daniel G, 1993.
"Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 83(4), pages 685-709, September.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings Losses of Displaced Workers," Upjohn Working Papers and Journal Articles 92-11, W.E. Upjohn Institute for Employment Research.
- Louis S. Jacobson & Robert J. LaLonde & Daniel G. Sullivan, 1992. "Earnings losses of displaced workers," Working Paper Series, Macroeconomic Issues 92-28, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Knights, Stephen & Harris, Mark N & Loundes, Joanne, 2002.
"Dynamic Relationships in the Australian Labour Market: Heterogeneity and State Dependence,"
The Economic Record,
The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 78(242), pages 284-298, September.
- Stephen Knights & Mark Harris & Joanne Loundes, 2000. "Dynamic Relationships in the Australian Labour Market: Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2000n06, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- François Rycx & David Marsden, 2009. "Wage structures, employment adjustments and globalisation: evidence from linked and firm-level panel data sets," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/13446, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L & Taylor, Mark P, 2000. "Unemployment Persistence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 24-50, January.
- Burgess, Simon & Propper, Carol & Rees, Hedley & Shearer, Arran, 2003. "The class of 1981: the effects of early career unemployment on subsequent unemployment experiences," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 291-309, June.
- Kolm, Ann-Sofie, 2005. "Work norms and unemployment," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 88(3), pages 426-431, September.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Au mauvais endroit au mauvais moment? Le devenir des primo-entrants sur un marchÃ© du travail en crise
by email@example.com (Arthur Heim) in BS Initiative on 2014-06-17 13:09:18
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eva O. Arceo-Gómez & Raymundo M. Campos-Vázquez, 2011.
"¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México?,"
DTE 524, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Eva O. Arceo Gómez & Raymundo M. Campos Vázquez, 2011. "¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México?," Serie documentos de trabajo del Centro de Estudios Económicos 2011-08, El Colegio de México, Centro de Estudios Económicos.
- Arceo-Gómez, Eva Olimpia & Campos-Vázquez, Raymundo M., 2012.
"¿Quiénes son los NiNis en México?
[Who are the idle youth in Mexico?]," MPRA Paper 44530, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Jan 2013.
- Möller Joachim & Umkehrer Matthias, 2015.
"Are there Long-Term Earnings Scars from Youth Unemployment in Germany?,"
Journal of Economics and Statistics (Jahrbuecher fuer Nationaloekonomie und Statistik),
De Gruyter, vol. 235(4-5), pages 474-498, August.
- Möller, Joachim & Umkehrer, Matthias, 2014. "Are there long-term earnings scars from youth unemployment in Germany?," ZEW Discussion Papers 14-089, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Hall, Caroline, 2016. "Does more general education reduce the risk of future unemployment? Evidence from an expansion of vocational upper secondary education," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 52(C), pages 251-271.
- Jorge A. Paz, 2012. "Desempleo juvenil en la Argentina durante la recuperación económica," Working Papers 9, Instituto de Estudios Laborales y del Desarrollo Económico (IELDE) - Universidad Nacional de Salta - Facultad de Ciencias Económicas, Jurídicas y Sociales.
- Björklund, Anders, 2006. "Family Background and Outcomes Later in Life: A (Partial and Personal) Survey of Recent Research Using Swedish Register Data," Working Paper Series 4/2007, Stockholm University, Swedish Institute for Social Research.
- Nordin , Martin, 2014. "Does Eligibility for Tertiary Education Affect Crime Rates? Quasi-Experimental Evidence," Working Papers 2014:14, Lund University, Department of Economics.
- López-Martín Bernabé & Takayama Naoki, 2015. "The Blighted Youth: The Impact of Recessions and Policies on Life-Cycle Unemployment," Working Papers 2015-22, Banco de México.
- Verho, Jouko, 2017. "Economic crises and unemployment persistence: Analysis of job losses during the Finnish 1990s recession," Working Papers 99, VATT Institute for Economic Research.
- Niebuhr, Annekatrin & Buch, Tanja, 2013. "Wage effects of labor market entry via temporary work agency employment - evidence for German apprenticeship graduates," Annual Conference 2013 (Duesseldorf): Competition Policy and Regulation in a Global Economic Order 79818, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
More about this item
Keywordsyouth unemployment; scarring; state dependence; siblings;
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-03-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2011-03-26 (Education)
- NEP-LAB-2011-03-26 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp5565. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.