Increasing the Legal Retirement Age: The Impact on Wages, Worker Flows and Firm Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- James J. Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Petra E. Todd, 1997. "Matching As An Econometric Evaluation Estimator: Evidence from Evaluating a Job Training Programme," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 605-654.
- Nicholas Barr & Peter Diamond, 2006. "The Economics of Pensions," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(1), pages 15-39, Spring.
- Meghir, Costas & Whitehouse, Edward, 1997.
"Labour market transitions and retirement of men in the UK,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 79(2), pages 327-354, August.
- Costas Meghir & Edward Whitehouse, 1993. "Labour market transitions and retirement of men in the UK," IFS Working Papers W93/12, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Costas Meghir & Edward Whitehouse, 1995. "Labour market transitions and retirement of men in the UK," IFS Working Papers W95/10, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Gary Burtless & Joseph F. Quinn, 2002.
"Is Working Longer the Answer for an Aging Workforce?,"
Boston College Working Papers in Economics
550, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Gary Burtless & Joseph F. Quinn, 2002. "Is Working Longer the Answer for an Aging Workforce?," Issues in Brief ib2002-11, Center for Retirement Research, revised Dec 2002.
- Barbara Sianesi, 2004. "An Evaluation of the Swedish System of Active Labor Market Programs in the 1990s," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 86(1), pages 133-155, February.
- Lazear, Edward P, 1979. "Why Is There Mandatory Retirement?," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1261-1284, December.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998.
"Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data,"
Econometric Society, vol. 66(5), pages 1017-1098, September.
- James Heckman & Hidehiko Ichimura & Jeffrey Smith & Petra Todd, 1998. "Characterizing Selection Bias Using Experimental Data," NBER Working Papers 6699, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Orley Ashenfelter & David Card, 2002. "Did the Elimination of Mandatory Retirement Affect Faculty Retirement?," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 92(4), pages 957-980, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- C Machado & Miguel Portela, 2014. "Hours of work and retirement behaviour," IZA Journal of European Labor Studies, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga & Tavares, José, 2016. "Psychological Costs of Currency Transition: Evidence from Euro Adoption," CEPR Discussion Papers 11071, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ayako Kondo, 2016.
"Effects of increased elderly employment on other workers’ employment and elderly’s earnings in Japan,"
IZA Journal of Labor Policy,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Ayako Kondo, 2016. "Effects of increased elderly employment on other workers’ employment and elderly’s earnings in Japan," IZA Journal of Labor Policy, Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 5(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Pedro Martins & Jim Jin, 2010.
"Firm-level social returns to education,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 23(2), pages 539-558, March.
- Martins, Pedro S., 2004. "Firm-Level Social Returns to Education," IZA Discussion Papers 1382, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Pedro S. Martins & Jim Jin, 2008. "Firm-Level Social Returns to Education," Working Papers 9, Queen Mary, University of London, School of Business and Management, Centre for Globalisation Research.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Ilmakunnas, Seija, 2011. "Hiring older employees: Do incentives of early retirement channels matter?," MPRA Paper 30885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michela Bia & Roberto Leombruni & Pierre-Jean Messe, 2009. "Young in-Old out: a new evaluation based on Generalized Propensity Score," LABORatorio R. Revelli Working Papers Series 93, LABORatorio R. Revelli, Centre for Employment Studies.
- Werner Eichhorst & Tito Boeri & An De Coen & Vincenzo Galasso & Michael Kendzia & Nadia Steiber, 2014.
"How to combine the entry of young people in the labour market with the retention of older workers?,"
IZA Journal of European Labor Studies,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 3(1), pages 1-23, December.
- Eichhorst, Werner & Boeri, Tito & De Coen, An & Galasso, Vincenzo & Kendzia, Michael J. & Steiber, Nadia, 2013. "How to Combine the Entry of Young People in the Labour Market with the Retention of Older Workers?," IZA Discussion Papers 7829, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- repec:spr:chfecr:v:4:y:2016:i:1:d:10.1186_s40589-016-0036-9 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michela Bia & Pierre-Jean Messe & Roberto Leombruni, 2010. "Young-in Old-out: a new evaluation," TEPP Working Paper 2010-14, TEPP.
- Zou, Tieding & Ye, Hang, 2013.
[The Interaction between Pension Deficit and Labor Market——Unified Delay Or Differentiated Delay ?]," MPRA Paper 58232, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 03 Jan 2014.
- Paula C. Albuquerque & João C. Lopes, 2010.
"Economic impacts of ageing: an inter-industry approach,"
International Journal of Social Economics,
Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(12), pages 970-986, October.
- Paula C. Albuquerque & João C. Lopes, 2010. "Economic Impacts of Ageing: An Interindustry Approach," Working Papers Department of Economics 2010/01, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- Portugal, Pedro & Raposo, Pedro, 2015. "Seriously Strengthening the Tax-Benefit Link," IZA Discussion Papers 8785, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Otrachshenko, Vladimir & Popova, Olga & Tavares, José, 2016. "Psychological costs of currency transition: evidence from the euro adoption," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 89-100.
- Pedro Portugal & Álvaro A. Novo & Pedro Martins, 2007. "The Economic Impact of Rising the Retirement Age: Lessons From the September 1993 Law," Economic Bulletin and Financial Stability Report Articles, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
More about this item
Keywordssocial security reform; older workers; matching estimators;
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- J63 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Turnover; Vacancies; Layoffs
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2009-06-03 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-03 (All new papers)
- NEP-LAB-2009-06-03 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp4187. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .