Transition from School to Work: Search Time and Job Duration
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Zvi Eckstein & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 1995.
"Duration to First Job and the Return to Schooling: Estimates from a Search-Matching Model,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 62(2), pages 263-286.
- Eckstein, Z. & Wolpin, K.I., 1992. "Duration to First Job and the Return to Schooling : Estimates form a Search -Matching Model," Papers 13-92, Tel Aviv.
- Lee, Byung-Joo, 1992. "A nested Tobit analysis for a sequentially censored regression model," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 38(3), pages 269-273, March.
- Meyer, Bruce D, 1990. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment Spells," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 58(4), pages 757-782, July.
- Devine, Theresa J. & Kiefer, Nicolas M., 1991. "Empirical Labor Economics: The Search Approach," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195059366.
- Peter Jensen & Niels C. Westergård-Nielsen, 1987. "A Search Model Applied to the Transition from Education to Work," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 54(3), pages 461-472.
- Dolton, Peter J & Makepeace, Gerald H, 1987. "Marital Status, Child Rearing and Earnings Differentials in the Graduate Labour Market," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 97(388), pages 897-922, December.
- Belzil, Christian, 1995. "Unemployment Insurance and Unemployment over Time: An Analysis with Event History Data," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 77(1), pages 113-126, February.
- Han, Aaron & Hausman, Jerry A, 1990. "Flexible Parametric Estimation of Duration and Competing Risk Models," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 5(1), pages 1-28, January-M.
- Omori, Yoshiaki, 1997. "Stigma Effects of Nonemployment," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 35(2), pages 394-416, April.
- Atkinson, Anthony B & Micklewright, John, 1991.
"Unemployment Compensation and Labor Market Transitions: A Critical Review,"
Journal of Economic Literature,
American Economic Association, vol. 29(4), pages 1679-1727, December.
- A.B. Atkinson & J. Micklewright, 1989. "Unemployment Compensation and Labour Market Transitions: A Critical Review," Working Papers 209, Queen Mary University of London, School of Economics and Finance.
- Kiefer,Nicholas M. & Neumann,George R., 2006. "Search Models and Applied Labor Economics," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521024648, October.
- Lynch, Lisa M, 1989. "The Youth Labor Market in the Eighties: Determinants of Re-employment Probabilities for Young Men and Women," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 71(1), pages 37-45, February.
- Parsons, Donald O, 1991. "The Job Search Behavior of Employed Youth," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 73(4), pages 597-604, November.
- Lawrence M. Kahn & Stuart A. Low, 1984. "An Empirical Model of Employed Search, Unemployed Search, and Nonsearch," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 19(1), pages 104-117.
- Burdett, Kenneth, 1978. "The testing and sorting functions of higher education," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 117-122, August.
- Flinn, C. & Heckman, J., 1982.
"New methods for analyzing structural models of labor force dynamics,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 115-168, January.
- James J. Heckman & Christopher J. Flinn, 1982. "New Methods for Analyzing Structural Models of Labor Force Dynamics," NBER Working Papers 0856, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kathrin Bertschy & M. Alejandra Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2009. "PISA and the Transition into the Labour Market," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(s1), pages 111-137, March.
- Kathrin Bertschy & Alejandra Cattaneo & Stefan C. Wolter, 2008.
"What happened to the PISA 2000 participants five years later?,"
Economics of Education Working Paper Series
0013, University of Zurich, Department of Business Administration (IBW).
- Bertschy, Kathrin & Cattaneo, Maria Alejandra & Wolter, Stefan C., 2008. "What Happened to the PISA 2000 Participants Five Years Later?," IZA Discussion Papers 3323, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Kong Jun & Jiang Fan, 2011. "Factors Affecting Job Opportunities for University Graduates in China---the Evidence from University Graduates in Beijing," Research in World Economy, Research in World Economy, Sciedu Press, vol. 2(1), pages 24-37, April.
- repec:ecr:col070:42669 is not listed on IDEAS
- LIU Yang, 2016. "Employment and Starting Wages of New Graduates in China: Using the latest available survey data," Discussion papers 16021, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Cooke, L. P., 2003. "A comparison of initial and early life course earnings of the German secondary education and training system," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 79-88, February.
More about this item
Keywordsschool-to-work transition; job duration; search time; wages;
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- C34 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Truncated and Censored Models; Switching Regression Models
- C41 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Duration Analysis; Optimal Timing Strategies
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp27. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mark Fallak). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.