Do Migrants Get Good Jobs? New Migrant Settlement in Australia
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Stephane Mahuteau & P.N.(Raja) Junankar, 2004. "Do Migrants get Good Jobs? New Migrant Settlement in Australia," Econometric Society 2004 Australasian Meetings 150, Econometric Society.
References listed on IDEAS
- P. N. Junankar & Satya Paul & Wahida Yasmeen, 2010.
"Are Asian Migrants Discriminated Against In The Labor Market? A Case Study Of Australia,"
The Singapore Economic Review (SER),
World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 55(04), pages 619-646.
- Junankar, Pramod N. (Raja) & Paul, Satya & Yasmeen, Wahida, 2004. "Are Asian Migrants Discriminated Against in the Labour Market? A Case Study of Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 1167, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Acemoglu, Daron, 2001. "Good Jobs versus Bad Jobs," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 19(1), pages 1-21, January.
- Clark, Andrew E., 2001. "What really matters in a job? Hedonic measurement using quit data," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 223-242, May.
- Deborah A. Cobb-Clark, 2003.
"Public policy and the labor market adjustment of new immigrants to Australia,"
Journal of Population Economics,
Springer;European Society for Population Economics, vol. 16(4), pages 655-681, November.
- Cobb-Clark, Deborah A., 2002. "Public Policy and the Labor Market Adjustment of New Immigrants to Australia," IZA Discussion Papers 620, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Deborah Cobb‐Clark, 2001. "The Longitudinal Survey of Immigrants to Australia," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 34(4), pages 467-477, December.
- Denise J. Doiron & W. Craig Riddell, 1994. "The Impact of Unionization on Male-Female Earnings Differences in Canada," Journal of Human Resources, University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 29(2), pages 504-534.
- Hwang, Hae-shin & Mortensen, Dale T & Reed, W Robert, 1998. "Hedonic Wages and Labor Market Search," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(4), pages 815-847, October.
- Borjas, George J., 1999. "The economic analysis of immigration," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 28, pages 1697-1760, Elsevier.
- P.N.(Raja) Junankar & David Pope & Glenn Withers, 1998. "Immigration and the Australian Macroeconomy: Perspective and Prospective," Australian Economic Review, The University of Melbourne, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, vol. 31(4), pages 435-444, December.
- Boozer, Michael A., 1997. "Econometric Analysis of Panel DataBadi H. Baltagi Wiley, 1995," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(5), pages 747-754, October.
- Blau, David M, 1991. "Search for Nonwage Job Characteristics: A Test of the Reservation Wage Hypothesis," Journal of Labor Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 9(2), pages 186-205, April.
- Beggs, John J & Chapman, Bruce J, 1988. "Immigrant Wage Adjustment in Australia: Cross Section and Time-Series Estimates," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 64(186), pages 161-167, September.
- Snower, Dennis J., 1994. "The Low-Skill, Bad-Job Trap," CEPR Discussion Papers 999, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Chamberlain, Gary, 1984. "Panel data," Handbook of Econometrics, in: Z. Griliches† & M. D. Intriligator (ed.), Handbook of Econometrics, edition 1, volume 2, chapter 22, pages 1247-1318, Elsevier.
- Heckman, James J. & Lalonde, Robert J. & Smith, Jeffrey A., 1999. "The economics and econometrics of active labor market programs," Handbook of Labor Economics, in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 31, pages 1865-2097, Elsevier.
- Foster L. & Marshall, A. & Williams LS., 1991. "Discrimination against immigrant workers in Australia," ILO Working Papers 992844183402676, International Labour Organization.
- repec:ilo:ilowps:284418 is not listed on IDEAS
- Butler, J S & Moffitt, Robert, 1982. "A Computationally Efficient Quadrature Procedure for the One-Factor Multinomial Probit Model," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 50(3), pages 761-764, May.
- George A. Akerlof & Andrew K. Rose & Janet L. Yellen, 1988. "Job Switching and Job Satisfaction in the U.S. Labor Market," Brookings Papers on Economic Activity, Economic Studies Program, The Brookings Institution, vol. 19(2), pages 495-594.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Green, Colin & Kler, Parvinder & Leeves, Gareth, 2007. "Immigrant overeducation: Evidence from recent arrivals to Australia," Economics of Education Review, Elsevier, vol. 26(4), pages 420-432, August.
- Lindley, Joanne, 2009.
"The over-education of UK immigrants and minority ethnic groups: Evidence from the Labour Force Survey,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1), pages 80-89, February.
- Joanne Lindley, 2007. "The Over-Education of UK Immigrants and Minority Ethnic Groups: Evidence from the Labour Force Survey," Working Papers 2007013, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised Sep 2007.
- Weiping Kostenko & Mark Harris & Xueyan Zhao, 2012.
"Occupational transition and country-of-origin effects in the early stage occupational assimilation of immigrants: some evidence from Australia,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(31), pages 4019-4035, November.
- Weiping Kostenko & Mark Harris & Xueyan Zhao, 2009. "Occupational Transition and Country-of-Origin Effects in the Early Stage Occupational Assimilation of Immigrants: Some Evidence from Australia," Melbourne Institute Working Paper Series wp2009n20, Melbourne Institute of Applied Economic and Social Research, The University of Melbourne.
- Tran, Tuyen Quang & Tran, Anh Lan & Pham, Thai Minh & Van Vu, Huong, 2018.
"Local governance and occupational choice among young people: First evidence from Vietnam,"
Children and Youth Services Review,
Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 21-31.
- Tran, Tuyen & Tran, Anh & Pham, Thai & Vu, Huong, 2017. "Local governance and occupational choice among young people: First evidence from Vietnam," MPRA Paper 84436, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2017.
- Prem Jung Thapa & Tue Gørgens, 2006. "A Duration Analysis of the Time Taken to Find the First Job for Newly Arrived Migrants in Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 527, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- Matloob Piracha & Massimiliano Tani & Florin Vadean, 2012.
"Immigrant over- and under-education: the role of home country labour market experience,"
IZA Journal of Migration and Development,
Springer;Forschungsinstitut zur Zukunft der Arbeit GmbH (IZA), vol. 1(1), pages 1-21, December.
- Piracha, Matloob & Tani, Massimiliano & Vadean, Florin, 2010. "Immigrant Over- and Under-education: The Role of Home Country Labour Market Experience," IZA Discussion Papers 5302, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Matloob Piracha & Massimiliano Tani & Florin Vadean, 2011. "Immigrant Over- and Under-education: The Role of Home Country Labour Market Experience," Studies in Economics 1105, School of Economics, University of Kent.
- Matloob Piracha & Massimiliano Tani & Florin Vadean, 2010. "Immigrant Over- and Under-education: The Role of Home Country Labour Market Experience," CEIS Research Paper 175, Tor Vergata University, CEIS, revised 09 Dec 2010.
- Denise Doiron & Rochelle Guttmann, 2009. "Wealth Distributions of Migrant and Australian-born Households," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(268), pages 32-45, March.
More about this item
Keywordsimmigrants; good jobs; bivariate probit; job satisfaction; immigrant policies; labour market outcomes;
- J61 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Geographic Labor Mobility; Immigrant Workers
- J68 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Public Policy
- C25 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Discrete Regression and Qualitative Choice Models; Discrete Regressors; Proportions; Probabilities
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DCM-2004-12-20 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-DCM-2004-12-22 (Discrete Choice Models)
- NEP-LAB-2004-12-20 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:iza:izadps:dp1434. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Holger Hinte). General contact details of provider: http://www.iza.org .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.